CES Days 2 and 3: Skullcandy. That's right...Skullcandy.
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #196 of 198
Now if Beats could do the same thing.... then it will get interesting xD

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #197 of 198
I listened to a pair of these Aviators at Best Buy and was thrilled with the tone and detail. 
I have a pair of Stax SR5's (35 years old of course) and have owned several pair of Sennheisers and Koss Titanium 'phones over the years.

My problem with several Grado and Sennheiser models is the boosted treble that makes them sound "buzzy" or shrill on my two ears.  These Skullcandy Aviators do not have that problem, but they are not muffled or dull either.

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #198 of 198
Now what you've got to understand is that Skullcandy was started to make headphones for action sports athletes, idealy freestyle skiers and snowboarders. Thats where there main interest is and at the moment they absolutley dominate that field. Since the some 8 years ago since the company was started they've broadened there field to DJing and now to simply quality headphones. So there not really designed for a 40 year old dude to be rocking. Now i personally own a pair of Mix Masters and they out due what i ever expected, all prejudes a side for a avid Hip Hop fan, the bass is killer and there perfectaly balened for that classic Hip Hop sound. Also to everyone complaining about the logo, the name of the ******* company is SKULLcandy, naturelly the symbols going to be a skull and once gain there not really designed for anybody over 30 so calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back