Cheap headphones
Jan 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

melas300

New Head-Fier
I wanted to find some cheap headphones, 100 euro or less for use with my ps3, so all I need is to connect a headphone to the TV, right?

Someone told me about the AKG K141 studio while I was looking to the Razer Orca.. Which one is best or do u know a better to suggest? (although there is a problem with that, because I want it to be at my country's market so I don't have to order it from a foreign shop... and here there aren't many products...)

thanks!

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 12
look in to the pioneer se m390. its $70 and a killer deak for the price. i found it at my local best buy. unfortunately buying headphones locally can be very restrictive. your usually restricted to the mainstream headphones or the really cheap ones. but you might be able to find something. i think it would be a good idea to find some headphones you like and then post them on here for us to compare.

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Some gaming recomendations for ya:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500, AD700

Beyerdynamic DTX 910, DT 440

Sennheiser HD 555

Jan 16, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 12
So, which one of them do u think are the best headphones for me: AKG K141 studio, Razer Orca, Pioneer SE m390 or Sennheiser HD 550?  Do they have an apparent difference in sound quality?

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 12
If you're using the headphones mostly for gaming then I think the HD555 are your best best.  They are an all-around excellent 'phone that excel in most musical genres and have a nice soundstage(ability to hear where sound originate) for gaming.

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
So, which one of them do u think are the best headphones for me: AKG K141 studio, Razer Orca, Pioneer SE m390 or Sennheiser HD 550?  Do they have an apparent difference in sound quality?

i can only give you my experience. and from my experience the pioneer se m390 headphones are among the best sounding hp's i have heard for that price. they easily compare to headphones 2x the price. but thats what i know. i cant reccomend it vs the hp's because i dont have experience with them yet. but they are very capable for their price.

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 12
When it says "noice canceling", what does it mean? 

I don't want the headphone to be open-back, or however it is called because I don't like the others around me to hear what I listen to....

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 12
If you're asking about "active noise canceling", then it means that the headphone itself employs a system that cancels out ambient noise.  This allows the user to have almost completely quiet listening session even in the most noisiest environments.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
When it says "noice canceling", what does it mean? 

I don't want the headphone to be open-back, or however it is called because I don't like the others around me to hear what I listen to....

That makes the 555's out of the list. They're open back. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 12
You can also check the ATH-a700's. 
They are closed hp's with a nice soundstage. 

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #12 of 12
Because many of them there aren't at the local market, I decided to buy the SENNHEISER HD-448. Would u "disrecommend" these for any reason? (I also read that they may need an amp. Is that true?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back