Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #136 of 191
Look what came in today.  :D :D
13754695_1133283016731746_3881373896187313246_n.jpg

13669837_1133283020065079_673619010753695713_n.jpg
Can't wait!

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #137 of 191
The MrSpeakers Ether Flow and Ether C Flow landed today. I'm currently giving them a little bit of burn-in time while unpacking before I take a listen. I have to say that the blue on the Flow is very attractive in person. It's going to be fun comparing the Ether Flow with the Ether, it makes me wish I had an Ether C to compare with its siblings.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #139 of 191
The MrSpeakers Ether Flow and Ether C Flow landed today. I'm currently giving them a little bit of burn-in time while unpacking before I take a listen. I have to say that the blue on the Flow is very attractive in person. It's going to be fun comparing the Ether Flow with the Ether, it makes me wish I had an Ether C to compare with its siblings.

Awesome!!!!

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #140 of 191

There should be a number of Ether Cs in attendance from the looks of things.  Ill bring mine and I have a balanced 4 pin, 1/4 and 1/8 cables so we should be able to hook them up to just about anything.  Looking forward to hearing the Flow Cs, see what the changes are.  

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #142 of 191
  Keith, I work for a local retailer (Holm Audio - Woodridge) and would I like to know if I can attend the event.  I would like to bring the Mr. Speaker ETHERs and a few other headphones to let people audition.  I have PSB and Bose as well as a couple of nice headphone preamps I could show as well.  Let me know if dealers are welcome or not.  I could get there a little earlier and set up.  I'd be happy to pay for the space and provide something for the raffle.

Thanks, Mitch Raines - General Manager
Holm Audio 2050 W. 75th St
Woodridge, IL 60517

cell 331-645-1282

Hi Mitch,

Yes to all your questions.  Check your Private Message box.

Keith

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #144 of 191
I would love to hear also. I was at CanJam SoCal this year and could not get a fit for me. They just seemed to drop too low over my ears to get a good fit. I hope to hear them correctly.

If you tried the one down in the Woo Audio room, that was the review pair I had. That headband was super stretched out. The one I have now has smaller elastic rings on the suspension band and it is much easier to get a good fit.

That being said, there is still a degree of trial and error involved. I'll bring a pair of Audeze vegan pads as a backup. They give you a pretty good approximation of what a properly fitted Abyss sounds like minus a little bit of bass and soundstage.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #148 of 191
You were probably planning on it anyway, but could you bring the ZMF Classic? I promised some genre-specific impressions for a guy in another thread. Thanks!

Yeah man!  I'll have one on hand for sure.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #149 of 191
Hey guys!  Due to some changes to my previous plans, I will be coming up to Chicago this weekend to hang out with you guys!  I take it this isn't too late for me to register?

Question - is there plenty of table space available still or not?  I think most of my gear is already going to be there, so if table space is limited I'll leave it at home.  But if there's plenty of room I don't mind bringing my rig.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #150 of 191
  Hey guys!  Due to some changes to my previous plans, I will be coming up to Chicago this weekend to hang out with you guys!  I take it this isn't too late for me to register?

Question - is there plenty of table space available still or not?  I think most of my gear is already going to be there, so if table space is limited I'll leave it at home.  But if there's plenty of room I don't mind bringing my rig.

All are welcome! No registration required. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back