CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #7,862 of 31,846
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #7,863 of 31,846
guys is the kinara seed better then bgvp ds1 and ibasso it01 and tin audio t2 and tfz series 4 need some comparisons plz .. .. dont know anything about kinera seed iem atm... how are soundstage,details, instruments and vocals sounding from kinera seed iem... can anyone who has them give advice which is better thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #7,864 of 31,846
guys is the kinara seed better then bgvp ds1 and ibasso it01 and tin audio t2 and tfz series 4 need some comparisons plz .. can anyone who has them give advice which is better thanks... dont know anything about kinera seed iem atm

Best to avoid reading any impressions currently up. SEED was re-tuned and re-released. The final version just recently started shipping out to retailers and buyers so impressions should be rolling in soon. Sure is a looker though.

Seed.png

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #7,867 of 31,846
I was lucky enough to have a listen....I don't have it.
@zazaboy

It don't have huge soundstage(which I love), but have very precis imaging. So well done on imaging part that instrument touches heart.

And it is not Asian tuning W.....this is true Rare U shape.

Rare U shape: elevation at extreme ends compared to normal elevation of U

And you will get what rare means when I talk about frequency characteristics.

Well kinera staff, retuned it to rare L shape according to what people are telling me, with even more smoother and realistic treble.

But

It is not for neutral lover
Not for soundstage lover
Not for party pipers
Not for hipster

Not for enjoyment(well it forgives songs, but still sound analytical)

This sound signature is like cigarette, first many consumer will avoid it, but after sometime they get addicted to euphoria feel to it. Just right analytic at right price.

Well if somebody have heard Massdrop plus IEM, then SEED is just a technically inferior, otherwise very comparable freq response.

Well most of the guys on this thread won't be on kinera's H3 thread.

According to me, this is a substitute to the new kinera H3 on which they are working

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #7,870 of 31,846
Got my Uiisii CM5 in red. Completely blown away by them. I'd have easily paid $50, but for $11.99 the value can't be beat. I have Uiisii HM7, VE Monk Plus and some other earbud. I enjoy them all for certain purposes, but the CM5 is clearly in a league of it's own. The natural sound, separation/ soundstage, and details are amazing to me. I assume I'd need to buy the Ibasso IT01 to do better.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #7,871 of 31,846
These are an awesome replica of the now classic AKG K3003i housing, but with a twist....It comes with detachable cables! Their sound signature is almost a "dead-ringer' to the 3003's classic sound with a slightly warmer approach, which I personally like. Sub-bass is fuller, while the midrange and highs are never short of sounding clear and vivid with no sibilance, what-so-ever. You even have the option to buy only the housing, like I did, and supply your own detachable cables.
The only downside is that it only comes with the reference tuning filter. No matter though....this is the tuning filter I use mostly anyway. :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested, these are the links found from the taobao website....
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...dd10c5fe3c78e6f7657da3&spm=a230r.1.1957635.45

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...7.13066.91048.100200300000000&id=561591944827

Ps. I bought mine from the first link above. :wink:

-Clear

anyone have info about this iem https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2016...899b-48e7-bed3-85862dd0affa&priceBeautifyAB=0 its mentioned at the chinese asian thread by 1clearhead... he says its good and... on taobao they say it has a big sound stage and sound very good

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #7,872 of 31,846
Got my Uiisii CM5 in red. Completely blown away by them. I'd have easily paid $50, but for $11.99 the value can't be beat. I have Uiisii HM7, VE Monk Plus and some other earbud. I enjoy them all for certain purposes, but the CM5 is clearly in a league of it's own. The natural sound, separation/ soundstage, and details are amazing to me. I assume I'd need to buy the Ibasso IT01 to do better.
I just got mine delivered this morning. Your observations are spot on.

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #7,873 of 31,846
I'm interested in the Tiandirenhe TD08, but i find only comments about bass/subbass and no graphs.

What about vocals and signature ?
They are smooth sounding overall ? Any harshness or sibilance in the highs ?

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #7,874 of 31,846

Have to agree these CM5's are so good, so light/comfy, and dirt cheap. The case it comes with is excellent as well (I use it to haul several IEM/buds with me to work). I'm tempted to get a backup...

I have the IT01 and it would definitely be a step above the CM5, but you needn't move up that much for an upgrade. I can't recommend enough the Tin Audio T2.. the sound signature is just so pleasant especially for vocals, and even though it "lacks bass" for some people, it never feels like its missing to me. The quality of bass, and sub-bass is enough to be engaging, even for electronic music. I reach for this over and over without hesitation no matter what type of music I'm listening to.

So that brings me to my next question for those of you who have the T2: Is there an equivalent to the T2 for earbuds or over-ear headphones? Looking for something that punches well above it's price point, is comfortable to use, and has a similar sound signature. Looking to spend up to (but not necessarily) $100 for earbuds and $200 (maybe more) for headphone equivalent..

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #7,875 of 31,846
Have to agree these CM5's are so good, so light/comfy, and dirt cheap. The case it comes with is excellent as well (I use it to haul several IEM/buds with me to work). I'm tempted to get a backup...

I have the IT01 and it would definitely be a step above the CM5, but you needn't move up that much for an upgrade. I can't recommend enough the Tin Audio TN2.. the sound signature is just so pleasant especially for vocals, and even though it "lacks bass" for some people, it never feels like its missing to me. The quality of bass, and sub-bass is enough to be engaging, even for electronic music. I reach for this over and over without hesitation no matter what type of music I'm listening to.

So that brings me to my next question for those of you who have the TN2: Is there an equivalent to the TN2 for earbuds or headphones? Looking for something that punches well above it's price point, is comfortable to use, and has a similar sound signature. Looking to spend up to (but not necessarily) $100 for earbuds and $200 (maybe more) for headphone equivalent..

earbuds that have similar tuning to the T2 is the Liebesleid (and a higher level of SQ at that, but also more expensive). a cheaper one might be the VX Pro, but i sold it a while ago, so it's based on memory. form what i remember they share the same airy and wide soundstage, thin and clear mids, extended treble, and light but deep bass.
i ranked them like this: Liebesleid >> T2 > (or =) VX Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back