CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #9,466 of 31,845
Please tell more about the soundstage, instrument separation and more!

Were did you find that price? :)

It was a special discount on Amazon a few months back.

I bought 1 spare pair at that price, but now kick myself for not ordering a bunch.

It’s still an awesome deal at $11.99. Heck, it was worth every penny of the $20 I paid for my original pair!

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #9,467 of 31,845
Nice guys! I personally love the design of the CM5. Can you describe how their soundstage and instrument separation is? Also: piercing highs? Which other IEM's do the CM5 remind you of?

Had a little more time to compare CM5 & IT01 (with Tidal hifi, Zuperdac-S using Tennmark wide bores on both) and here are some thoughts.

First off the price for the CM5 is ridiculous (at least for those in the US). The case that it comes with is my most used case as I shuffle different earbuds/IEMs between home/work. It comes with a nice rubber zipper handle that tucks away with a clever strap and is easier & quicker to open/close than the typical metal zipper handle. I'd easily pay an extra $4-6 for the case by itself. The earphone is lighter and more comfortable to use than the IT01, which is already quite comfortable. This is one of the most important things for me; if it ain't comfortable, it's not going to get much use.

Soundwise the CM5 is comparable to my EDR2, perhaps with wider soundstage and handles many genres very well. Its darker, warmer to me than the IT01, easy to listen to for long periods without piercing highs and maybe some minor sibilance but nothing major.

The IT01 is more immersive in comparison to the CM5. This can be noticed while playing the track Wandering by Yosi Horikawa. The crunching of gravel at the beginning is super detailed, revealing, and transparent. As the track gets into it, the atmosphere surrounds you, I can sense the distance in layers of the birds and other animal noises. The IT01 is more enveloping, adding life and presence to this jungle ambiance. The CM5 is more 2D in this manner. Also noticeably different on this track is the wicked sub-bass, it goes deeep without overpowering or muddying up, just awesome.. There's also no sibilance and treble is very well done, but if you're sensitive to bass it can be more fatiguing than the CM5.

In summary, the IT01 is smoother with better imaging and soundstage, but the CM5 really holds up its end considering whats available in its price range so I have less fear of losing or breaking them as they are easily replaced. I use them both equally and consider them to be my daily drivers along with the Tinaudio T2.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #9,468 of 31,845
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #9,469 of 31,845
Soundwise the CM5 is comparable to my EDR2, perhaps with wider soundstage and handles many genres very well.

About my cm5.

I also find them similar(edr2), but only eqwise. They have similar amounts of Bass, mids and Highs in terms of volume, maybe the Bass on the cm5 is faster, focused on bass with less sub-bass. But the resolution and layaring of the sounds with the bigger soundstage makes them super different soundwise. As edr2 may sound "vulgar" - i don't think that. The technical abilities of cm5 gives an upgrade to the lovely edr2. Making them addictive with the amount of Fun that the V-shaped sound gives together with the soundstage. The mids are upfront without getting agressive and the Bass also does'nt get to a level that disturbs. Microdetailing are'nt as good as a Tin audio T2 for example. But the sound is nowhere near dark, actually is bright. While not having more microdetail, the layering and better stage gives the ones you hear much more value. All of these combined makes them a addictive fun iem.

I think that we can assume that cm5 add to edr2 a hint of those qualities that you saw on it01 ? Don't know.

I will limit my words on cm5 as these above. If anyone was waiting for my impressions.

The construction is good. Cable is Very Nice and i have a good feeling of quality. I don't find them particularly bealtiful but...
They also are super easy to drive.

The fit. If anyone Will be getting these. Don't worry. You Will find a fit with some tips. But don't rely on the earpiece Sitting perfecly on Your ear. If you are struggling. Go for a bigger tip to get an extra seal and the body be a little far from the ear canal. You better go with other non cm5 tips.

These are tip sensitive and you'll need a good fit to be immerse in the signature.

IMG_20180418_122017.jpg

The einsear Just Lost the throne on the best 10$ iem. I've listened.

As Slater Said. Worth every Penny of a higher price bracket.

@Slater Said some time Ago that taking off the nozzle and putting other makes the treble better ? My worry is the vocals becoming agressive.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #9,470 of 31,845
I do and could go demo but I'm probably the worst at attempting to use text to describe sound, so wrong man for the job lol.

It's your time to Shine !

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #9,471 of 31,845
I tried to make some, but it's not the same.As most of the time there is air trapped between the foam and the silicone. The symbio ones are solid. Anyway as i said they are also harder foam which can be uncomfortable but possibly plays a role. I would say that it is a speciality tip and may not appeal to people who like brighter sound signatures. In any case these offer the best isolation imo.
Did you use the 3M 1100 foam eartips or some other foam?

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #9,472 of 31,845
Please tell more about the soundstage, instrument separation and more!

Were did you find that price? :)
Soundstage wise, it feels very out of your head, by that I mean that it doesn't feel like everything is coming at you from inside your ears, but the instrument are spread out like in a circle, although everything coming from the same distance. Separation is good, really good, nothing feels congested, and no frequencies are masked by the others, although detailing is not as good as the T2.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #9,474 of 31,845
Soundstage wise, it feels very out of your head, by that I mean that it doesn't feel like everything is coming at you from inside your ears, but the instrument are spread out like in a circle, although everything coming from the same distance. Separation is good, really good, nothing feels congested, and no frequencies are mask by the others, although detailing is not as good as the T2.
Allright! Sold! :D

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #9,476 of 31,845
15usd iem can own the it01?

No one said nothing close to "cm5 owning it01". Be careful. Some users that have both said that cm5 share some similarities. And can perform relatively close to, as a matter of Fun tuning. Depending on personal taste.

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #9,479 of 31,845
Hi everyone, first post here. Just want to say thank you for all great recommendations. Got a pair of Timmkoo C630 after reading this thread. I've never fell in love so hard with a pair of headphones :-D The clarity and space is simply amazing. Unfortunately the left piece started to have problem of becoming very tiny sounding after an hour or so of play time. I'll be exchanging for another pair, hopefully it'll last longer than a week :-D
These chifi wonders blow my mind. I'll be getting a couple more - Uiisii CM5 and another Timmkoo ES636. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #9,480 of 31,845
Hi everyone, first post here. Just want to say thank you for all great recommendations. Got a pair of Timmkoo C630 after reading this thread. I've never fell in love fell in love with a pair of headphones :-D The clarity and space is simply amazing. Unfortunately the left piece started to have problem of becoming very tiny sounding after an hour or so of play time. I'll be exchanging for another pair, hopefully it'll last longer than a week :-D
These chifi wonders blow my mind. I'll be getting a couple more - Uiisii CM5 and another Timmkoo ES636. Can't wait!

Nice, welcome and... what is the welcome message ? uh, "prepare your wallet".

Be ready to find a very different signature beetwen your C630 and the CM5. Also, no one here talked about the new ES636 yet. Your words on these will be valuable !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back