CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 20, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #9,528 of 31,845
@dhruvmeena96 just curious, have you tried the Japanese IEMs like the Tenore, Final Audio E2000, or the Earnine EN120? If so, how do you compare the Rose North Forest to them?

I'm contemplating on buying it.. If only it has detachable connector..I'd buy the Rose in an instant

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #9,529 of 31,845
now you're just killing my wallet more. I loved the T1 and now gonna have to get the Rose North Forest based on your recommendation. Should I go all out and just get the Magaosi X3?

Rose north forest and T1 are different iem.

T1 wants to make you happy with details and soundstage.

It is less round but still acceptable than Rose...

T1 theoretically have lower distortion in bass harmonics.

Rose north forest is a consumer balanced tuning. Remember the Panasonic hje120/5. Mature that 5$ iem. Treble is quicker here, mids are fantastics

Bass is on same amount as T1.

But what T1 does better are

1. Soundstage/scape
2. Silky and natural textured Bass
3. Lower bleed of frequency

But bro, if their is some burn in....then t1 was burned way longer and was listened in quite environment

And rose was one time impression in metro(well he opened his packing there)

So I don't have that enough knowledge.

My north forest order has reached to my city...

Will come in 1/² hour

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #9,530 of 31,845
I'am afraid i Lost my received 2 days Ago cm5. My excuse is That i was drunk, lol. Let's hope a good soul finds them Where i am pretty sure i left them and give It to my friend, as i asked :triportsad:.

I was loving them so much.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #9,531 of 31,845
I'am afraid i Lost my received 2 days Ago cm5. My excuse is That i was drunk, lol. Let's hope a good soul finds them Where i am pretty sure i left them and give It to my friend, as i asked :triportsad:.

I was loving them so much.

Yikes, 2 days?! That's barely enough time to for brain burn in LOL

Hope you get them back!

BTW, I know where you lost the IEMs - I found security cam footage from your parking garage:

drunksanta.gif

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #9,532 of 31,845
Yikes, 2 days?! That's barely enough time to for brain burn in LOL

Hope you get them back!

BTW, I know where you lost the IEMs - I found security cam footage from your parking garage:

Hahaha, It was'nt that tragic ! That santa Lost more than an iem, he lost the way home.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #9,533 of 31,845
Are the T2 really that difficult to fit for most people? I have them and I find them some of the best in my collection when it comes to fitting, they stay in, don't move and I never loose seal. I must really have unique ears, as I kept hearing the same about the Triple fi 10 and they are super comfy for me as well.
Personally I didn't find these particularly troublesome for getting a good fit. But I had already done tip rolling on over 3 dozen other IEMs so perhaps prior experience made it relatively easy to get a good fit?

On your M tip, how did you get it to fit flush (ie without excess foam protruding through the bottom of the silicone)?

I can get the foam tips to fit perfectly into L size silicone tips, but M always give me trouble.
I used cheap nozzle-less M inside L silicone tips and corresponding S inside M to create my pseudo hybrid ear tips without much difficulty. Were you perhaps trying M inside M?

My stock cable turned green in two weeks time. I really got it because I liked the cable and I have four IEMs that use MMCX connectors.
Nice looking cable. Did it cost much? If $20 or less can you offer a link? I found 2 models of under $10 that I like. But the cable is thin although durable feeling. It also doesn't lay nicely like the more expensive braided style ones. But when I look at the choices I've seen so far on Ali they're either way more expensive than I was willing to pay (>$50) or ended up being single ended when I was wanting balanced or the other way around.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #9,534 of 31,845
Personally I didn't find these particularly troublesome for getting a good fit. But I had already done tip rolling on over 3 dozen other IEMs so perhaps prior experience made it relatively easy to get a good fit?

I used cheap nozzle-less M inside L silicone tips and corresponding S inside M to create my pseudo hybrid ear tips without much difficulty. Were you perhaps trying M inside M?

Nice looking cable. Did it cost much? If $20 or less can you offer a link? I found 2 models of under $10 that I like. But the cable is thin although durable feeling. It also doesn't lay nicely like the more expensive braided style ones. But when I look at the choices I've seen so far on Ali they're either way more expensive than I was willing to pay (>$50) or ended up being single ended when I was wanting balanced or the other way around.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B...dpPl=1&dpID=41WAJ9XapiL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #9,536 of 31,845
Received

Rose north forest.....

That's my review up there......
No words to define this piece of hardware

And no burn needed

Used symbio tips to seal
No fans, only silent AC running.

Phantom bass test: Pass

This seriously takes away Rose aurora, zhiyin z5000, KZ zsr in bass response.

Bass: not over exaggerated bass like the above iem, but these extends way deep for a small iem..waaayyy deep

Mid Bass: touch warmer and clear

Mids: clear and in check( Hifiman re800 style mids). Smooth and not over defined. They have their separate place and are fantastic.

Upper Mids: smoothness going on and on. Upper mids do justice to male and females vocal.

Treble: airy...airy...airy and airy. No end to air. Cymbal are a bit tingy sharp but its okay and no where to a level of high order sibilance.

Well a consumer iem tuned with perfection with loads of extension and dB in check.

And these don't sound anywhere like chi fi. Its sounds like Japanese tuning( EX1000 + MDR 7550 + MDR XB90ex and then putting all freq in check).

But it can't resolve that crazy like my super expensive collection.

It just takes on Hifiman re600 with a specific lead...

Hifiman re400 with bass boost and extension and hifiman re600 treble turned airy instead of smooth.

Turning a neutral iem into U shape.

Well

Pace: in pace and speedy
Rhythm: no colouration
Timing: a little slower than shure 846

Attack: only mid Bass attack and it slams like pure dynamic

Soundstage: Holographic

Image: a little less imaged I guess, but I can live with it

Rose nailed it.

@HungryPanda can share some more info about his experience

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #9,537 of 31,845
I swear, every time I start to feel satisfied with my rapidly growing collection you all draw me back in :upside_down:. Upon further introspection, I realized it's because when a new IEM is introduced, I wonder if I'm missing that particular sound profile. The ones intriguing me lately are the UiiSii CM5, Rose North Forest, and TRN V20. On numerous occasions I've been compelled to post the classic "is X IEM is better than Y?" question, which has some utility but inevitably triggers the subjective vs. objective debate (and in the immortal words of Kimberly "Sweet Brown" Wilkins, ain't nobody got time for that). I'm reminded of @Otto Motor 's wisdom that, at least in the beginning, the "best" IEM for a would-be audiophile is a bunch of IEMs. That got me thinking: what if we could generate a list of IEMs that together would comprise the maximum amount of variation in sound signatures? I know that when I first started this hobby, I had no idea what "bright" meant, but you can bet I understood the concept after I popped the Tin Audio T2s into my ears for the first time and compared them to my LKER i8s. The goal of such an endeavor would be to help people identify their preferred signatures in the most economical way possible, i.e. with the least overlap among IEMs. That way, when they inevitably decide to upgrade (because let's be real, this is Head-Fi and we just can't help ourselves), they'll be more confident that a potentially expensive purchase will make them happy.

2 issues with this proposal: 1) I apologize profusely if it is beyond the scope of this thread. I'm still new and I don't think I can create a new thread. I also don't know where such a thread would go. 2) Though I'm optimistic that the collective brain power contained here can come up with a consensus list, at the end of the day it still may be a fool's errand. If such is the case, thanks for reading and sorry for wasting your time!

Edit: Right after I posted this, I read @dhruvmeena96's review of the Rose North Forest and my collection just grew again, with or without the consensus list. I think I may be addicted.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #9,538 of 31,845
I swear, every time I start to feel satisfied with my rapidly growing collection you all draw me back in :upside_down:. Upon further introspection, I realized it's because when a new IEM is introduced, I wonder if I'm missing that particular sound profile. The ones intriguing me lately are the UiiSii CM5, Rose North Forest, and TRN V20. On numerous occasions I've been compelled to post the classic "is X IEM is better than Y?" question, which has some utility but inevitably triggers the subjective vs. objective debate (and in the immortal words of Kimberly "Sweet Brown" Wilkins, ain't nobody got time for that). I'm reminded of @Otto Motor 's wise words that, at least in the beginning, the "best" IEM for a would-be audiophile is a bunch of IEMs. That got me thinking: what if we could create a set of IEMs that together would comprise the maximum amount of variation in sound signatures? I know that when I first started this hobby, I had no idea what "bright" meant, but you can bet I understood the concept after I popped the Tin Audio T2s into my ears for the first time and compared them to my LKER i8s. The goal of such an endeavor would be to help people identify their preferred signatures in the most economical way possible, i.e. with the least overlap among IEMs. That way, when they inevitably decide to upgrade (because let's be real, this is Head-Fi and we just can't help ourselves), they'll be more confident that a potentially expensive purchase will make them happy.

2 issues with this proposal: 1) I apologize profusely if it is beyond the scope of this thread. I'm still new and I don't think I can create a new thread. I also don't know where such a thread would go. 2) Though I'm optimistic that the collective brain power contained here can come up with a consensus list, at the end of the day it still may be a fool's errand. If such is the case, thanks for reading and sorry for wasting your time!

Want to make iem.

I have been saying this on this thread for a long period of time.

@CoiL @Slater @HungryPanda @B9Scrambler @Nymphonomaniac @Tinaudio @audionab @memelord @PLUSSOUND @FiiO
@Otto Motor

Well why did I mentioned the companies here...so they can really read all this and improve upon their iem.

All of fiio creation were awesome till now, and fiio fh5 is going to change the game

TinAudio did well with T2 and T1 and evolved from t515.

Plussound is love of mine...

But this thread is collection of lot of objective ad subjective listeners and data...

And they must check it.

Well about the iem..

All the members mentioned above, is what I want them is to participate in.

All others are invited too....

Home made iem thread is a thread where people are making their own iem, but this place we can seriously do something at much consumer level as the old thread gets just to expensive for a new guy..

For example one Knowles GV driver is 100usd. But if we can fetch it for cheap or tune a bellsing driver, that would be merrier.

Coil sensei is a wood expert and I think know about wood and its harmonics....something like fundamental and overtone, dampness, control.

Slater sensei is modder, where he tuned a Phillips shl3300 into monstor phone....for me slayed the Fidelio x2

When he was slaterlovesspam.

B9scrambler sire is reviewer which actually for me writes a universal review and it just goes universally for most people.

Nymphomaniac sire(your name is.. .lol) gives more of a subjective listening review and helps me understand a lot about how iem does sound and not how listeners are listening which is fantastic......walking living microphone coupler.

Hungrypanda sir was added...well his post lies everywhere my subscribed thread goes....to much influential and too much of his collection and experience on chi fi and normal brands.

Ottomotor sir is like a friend for me and is also way more experienced.

Well about me....I recently jumped to chi fi...because I went bankrupt due to family reasons

And I had to sell most of my expensive gears that time.

Just what remains is now u18t, shure846, noble kaiser encore, rose mini 2, rose mini 6, rose pudding, objective 2 modified, agdr cmoy modified and a neurochrome hp1 and some Chi fi lying around...

I sold my old sports car, my home and a lot of stuffs

And what I wanted from chi fi is replacement to all my old stuff.

But then, I can't find one(except tin audio t2 and rose north forest)..

So I want to build one....and make a perfect iem on price point where price of diminishing results is a border away.

Or something like 50$ slaying 300$ iem

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #9,539 of 31,845

I didn't know those nozzle-less tips were avilable in different sizes (I call those style of tips 'marshmallow tips'). I thought it was a 1 size-only thing.

Do you have a link to the size S marshmallow tips?

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #9,540 of 31,845
Received

Rose north forest.....

That's my review up there......
No words to define this piece of hardware

And no burn needed

Used symbio tips to seal
No fans, only silent AC running.

Phantom bass test: Pass

This seriously takes away Rose aurora, zhiyin z5000, KZ zsr in bass response.

Bass: not over exaggerated bass like the above iem, but these extends way deep for a small iem..waaayyy deep

Mid Bass: touch warmer and clear

Mids: clear and in check( Hifiman re800 style mids). Smooth and not over defined. They have their separate place and are fantastic.

Upper Mids: smoothness going on and on. Upper mids do justice to male and females vocal.

Treble: airy...airy...airy and airy. No end to air. Cymbal are a bit tingy sharp but its okay and no where to a level of high order sibilance.

Well a consumer iem tuned with perfection with loads of extension and dB in check.

And these don't sound anywhere like chi fi. Its sounds like Japanese tuning( EX1000 + MDR 7550 + MDR XB90ex and then putting all freq in check).

But it can't resolve that crazy like my super expensive collection.

It just takes on Hifiman re600 with a specific lead...

Hifiman re400 with bass boost and extension and hifiman re600 treble turned airy instead of smooth.

Turning a neutral iem into U shape.

Well

Pace: in pace and speedy
Rhythm: no colouration
Timing: a little slower than shure 846

Attack: only mid Bass attack and it slams like pure dynamic

Soundstage: Holographic

Image: a little less imaged I guess, but I can live with it

Rose nailed it.

@HungryPanda can share some more info about his experience

since the Fiio FH5 is a quad-driver and unlikely to be cheap, I'll tide over with the Rose in the meantime (granted if my refund for a few other purchase comes through quick)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back