CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 15, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #14,941 of 31,833
Higer the price, more ppl should look FR graphs and reviews together to see where they will be heading with potential buy.
Under 50$ IEMs - I personally do not care so much.

Dec 15, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #14,942 of 31,833
Yea, crazy thing is my wife doesn't collect anything or buy anything really. When I came into the relationship I brought - 3000 video games, 25 consoles, 2200 CDs, 1500 DVD and BR, 26 guitars, multiple 4x12 cabs, multiple amps, gobs of recording equip, gobs of PC and laptops, about 100 pair of sneakers(DC,Adidas, Puma), an Aprilia motorcycle and a vintage Vesta scooter.

Don't even get me started on my action figure/anime doll collection. Lol

While I did bring in about 5 pair of headphones, I just went bonkers about 3 years ago and I'm just getting warmed up.

She is really really nice to me, but the older we get, the less crap she wants to look at. Cant blame her. I'm a collector type though.

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #14,945 of 31,833
It’s like shoes, dresses, hats, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. I doubt she has only 1 of those things...

Different IEMs are just different musical styles, different looks (fashion), different functions. I wouldn’t wear snow boots to a black tie party, not would I wear leather dress shoes to the beach.

The nice thing about most ChiFi is it’s relatively inexpensive. I wouldn’t even think twice about having numerous IEMs, if I only had $5-$25 in each one. It’s no different than having 1 pair that cost the same exact amount.

At least Chi Fi is giving us value for dollar. I started out buying the 2-300 dollar iems and thank goodness I am no longer doing that since I am getting close to comparable sound quality in the under 100 dollar price range....It's all relative...

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #14,949 of 31,833
I picked up the Simgot EM2 from Amazon last week. They were on sale, and then also had a 10% coupon that could be applied as well. In total, I ended getting them for only $95.00. It's early yet, but I like them alot and don't find them to have any huge glaring issues. I really feel they're underrated around here, as I've not seen much about them on the forums or anything, and they do so much right. More detailed impressions will be coming soon, after I have a good chance to really get to know them.

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #14,950 of 31,833
At least Chi Fi is giving us value for dollar. I started out buying the 2-300 dollar iems and thank goodness I am no longer doing that since I am getting close to comparable sound quality in the under 100 dollar price range....It's all relative...
I disagree, in a sense. I like chi-fi as a way to hear different sound signatures and find what I like. I can then buy something in the $200+ range that has my preferred sound signature.

Chi-fi and cheaper IEMs inherently have more "bang for your buck", as with many hobbies, but my more expensive IEMs still beat them handily.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #14,952 of 31,833
I disagree, in a sense. I like chi-fi as a way to hear different sound signatures and find what I like. I can then buy something in the $200+ range that has my preferred sound signature.

Chi-fi and cheaper IEMs inherently have more "bang for your buck", as with many hobbies, but my more expensive IEMs still beat them handily.

As They should.... I just took the opposite route in my journey

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #14,953 of 31,833
The KZ ZS7 is out it's a 4BA + 1DD config

I'll probably be picking up a pair for review.

This is it. This might be the KZ I was waiting for. From all KZs the ZS6 is still my favorite. The bass, clarity, excitement and huge open soundstage is something I couldn't find done better in any of the other models I've tried. The piercing highs and slightly recessed mids were my only complains. Seems like they moved the BAs out of the nozzle and added a BA for mids which might solve those issues. Really excited about these.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #14,954 of 31,833
This is it. This might be the KZ I was waiting for. From all KZs the ZS6 is still my favorite. The bass, clarity, excitement and huge open soundstage is something I couldn't find done better in any of the other models I've tried. The piercing highs and slightly recessed mids were my only complains. Seems like they moved the BAs out of the nozzle and added a BA for mids which might solve those issues. Really excited about these.
I ordered a pair so I'll post a link to my review once I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back