Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 21, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #16,726 of 33,689
Does anyone here have the brainwavz tips .. That reduce piercing treble.. My question how can get this tips .. If they not sold seperately .. Then which iems does it come with it?.. I want to reduce some treble on some my iems

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #16,728 of 33,689
Picked up some macaw TX-80 Bluetooth headphones after seeing a recommendation on here. Having now tried them I'm finding them quite tinny and lacking bass. It's possibly a fit issue with my ears but since they only have a non standard one size fits all bud I'm a bit lost for how to fix that?

The other solution would be a set of mmcx iems I could swap In to the Bluetooth neck band. Could anyone recommend any < $40 mmcx iems that have more standard ear buds and strong bass?

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #16,729 of 33,689
Jul 21, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #16,731 of 33,689
Some Amazon codes. Haven't tried the other colors. Lets us know if they work.

UiiSii E7 Pink https://www.amazon.com/UiiSii-Ear...B07BHLPY7Y
Reg. $8.99
Coupon code: WK9OE28Z
Final price: $5.39

UiiSii CM5 Black https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-...B07415PGTY
Reg. $19.99
Coupon code: 49WBN8K8
Final price: $11.99

UiiSii Hi810 Blue https://www.amazon.com/UiiSii-Hea...B01M8M2UT8
Reg. $11.86
Coupon code: U8BJ8E8P
Final price: $7.12

That UiiSii CM5 for $11.95 is worry every penny!

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #16,733 of 33,689
Anyone tried the BQEYZ K2 yet?

HotFi just got them in. I've never heard of BQEYZ.

It's a quad driver (2DD+2BA), CNC aluminum-bodied IEM. Not sure if it has a crossover at all, but it has a 'physical crossover' ie sound tube. Google translate does hint at an electronic crossover as well, but the translation is not very good. Anyone that reads Chinese that could translate it better would be appreciated!

It uses a 0.78 2-pin connector, so unfortunately none of the KZ/TRN cables will fit :frowning2:

FYI, I wanted to provide an update on the BQEYZ K2.

I have given them a few hours of listening time, so these are only preliminary thoughts right OOTB, and are subject to change. I have only listened to them on my iPhone (MP3 only). I have not run them through my batch of test tracks. Once I get home from out of town (next week), I will give them more critical listening time.

Build Quality:
The build quality is really nice - machined aluminum shell, and everything is smooth and rounded. A big difference from the ZS5/ZS6. The body reminds me of the smooth/rounded edges of an earbud. The comfort is great (for at least the few hours I've been wearing them), and it sits flat in the ear. They could be used for sleeping.

Cable/Accessories:
The box is a plain cardboard box, and includes (3) pairs of tips. That's it.
The eartips suck. I am using Auvio wide bores, but I don't have a lot of tips with me so I have not done extensive tip rolling.
The stock cable reminds me of the TRN black cable - black braided cable with slick glossy insulation. The molded/formed kind of ear guide (vs a memory wire), and a chin slider. The chin slider is for convenience not necessity, as there aren't any noticeable cable microphonics. The stock cable measured at 1.1ohm, which is within the range of the KZ ad TRN cables. Although the cable size is stated as 0.78mm, I have found that KZ and TRN cables fit just fine. I am using the silver TRN cable (for now), which I prefer to the stock cable because the TRN has angled plug where it enters the shell (ie TRN plugs are angled like the "ZST style" ones on the KZ upgrade cables, so they wrap around the ear tighter).

Source:
They have low impedance (15ohm), and they are extremely easy to drive. I have been running them right from my iPhone SE. I have not tried them on my xduoo X3, nor tried them amped yet.

Sound:
I like what I have heard so far. The best I can describe them is they're what would happen if the ZS6 and Tin Audio T2 got together and had a child. Midrange is not as recessed as the ZS6 (more like the T2). Treble is bright and lively, and not too sharp. There's no sibilance, and they have a nice natural tonality. The clarity is great. Vocals sound good (make and female).

Complaints:
1. There's a bit of bass bleed, but it could just be the tracks I'm listening to though (MP3 on an iPhone after all).
2. There is a dip somewhere in the range of hi-hats, as hi-hats sound distant on some tracks (again, it could just be the tracks I am listening to, as MP3s on an iPhone is not the best way to do this, but it's all I have for now). I going to do more testing and see if I can isolate what frequency it is occurring at (if at all).

Value:
A few weeks ago when I ordered these, they were selling for ~$40, and I had a $10 credit with the vendor (So I paid $30). I see they have jumped up to as high as $64 depending on the vendor, which is crazy. I am happy I paid $30 for them, and I think they are easily worth that. $60 is a stretch. $40-$45 is about the limit of what I would pay (similar in price to ZS6 range).

5.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #16,735 of 33,689
Guys, the toneking nine tails can be purchased right now for 89.00 at the avcck store on aliexpress. That is a TREMENDOUS deal for them as they're still a good value at their usual price of 125.00.
Oh @Lurk650 won't be happy about that since he just paid over 100 last week :p $89 is a great price for the 9 tail. Such a hidden gem!

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #16,736 of 33,689
That's a bummer! Hopefully he still enjoys them for what he paid though. I agree, they're a hidden gem. I'm trying to do my part in getting them known by more people.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #16,737 of 33,689
Guys, the toneking nine tails can be purchased right now for 89.00 at the avcck store on aliexpress. That is a TREMENDOUS deal for them as they're still a good value at their usual price of 125.00.
Any link for this? Can't find it in Ali though

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #16,740 of 33,689
Screenshot_2018-07-22-02-41-04.png It's for sale in the Avcck store, plus they have a coupon which brings it down to 89.00. I apologize for no link, but this is the best I can do at the moment on my mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back