Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #20,237 of 33,689
How did it sound? Thinking of buying them too!

They sound really good from the start. They come stock with the Switch 2 on ON position. It's the balanced signature according to the manufacturer and I like it. Switching switches 1 & 3 on and off adds a bit of bass or treble. That sounds great too!

The look, fit and finish is great! Even without the added functionality of changing the sound signature(a bit), it's still a very good IEM at $189 with all Knowles drivers. It's one talented guy in college making IEMs and he really knows what he is doing.

Also I really dug the simplistic package also. It's comes in a cardboard box with a hard disk case. In it is the IEM with a couple of really good tips, cleaning tool and a switch changing tool. The focus is on what really matters!

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #20,238 of 33,689
EP10 in the house! Very pretty although I wished it had removable cables. Very comfortable, and well built.

Bass is pretty overwhelming & booming but clarity is there up top. Definitely a huge contrast to the EzAudio D4. Will need further testing as my ears aren't used to this anymore. Very tip dependant like the D4, but I'm going for larger bores for this one. However, due to the short nozzle stubby KZ turbos/whirldwinds don't get a good seal. KZ stock tips is OK but I wish I had longer large bore tips (Large size wide bores gave the best sound but they're too big for me).

Can't wait for the Nicehck blackfriday lucky bad :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #20,239 of 33,689
How did it sound? Thinking of buying them too!
I have it in my ears right now, too. And read Crabbos review at the same time.
Hear it out of my S9 and M0 with stock cable and spiral dots and with switches all on - 123. This puts out the most natural timbre for me - followed by 103 and 023. Though I wished a very slightly reduced mid bass and instead slightly increased sub bass, too.
I can agree with Crabbos findings on these in general.
What to highlight or to underline?
It has a nice clear and clean presentation.
Instruments sounds almost natural, just almost. E.g. strings are lush but are missing the last 5-10% to be live like in timbre (coming from the clinical base).
Stage and positioning is ok to good. It has natural width and depth but height is a bit too low. I can clearly hear the advantage of the KZ BA10 over the TSMR in this regard.
But this all is criticism on a high level.
It is additionally versatile, of very high production quality and very comfortable.
I think the pricing for the TSMR-3 is realistic and it is a good offer.

I decided not to pull the trigger on the DM6 in favour of the TSMR-3 instead.
Since I don't have the DM6 I would be interested in a direct comparison of these.
Who has both and can give some comparison?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #20,240 of 33,689
Here it out of my S9 and M0 with stock cable and spiral dots and with switches all on - 123. This puts out the most natural timbre for me - followed by 103 and 023. Though I wished a very slightly reduced mid bass and instead slightly increased sub bass, too.
Instruments sounds almost natural, just almost. E.g. strings are lush but are missing the last 5-10% to be live like in timbre (coming from the clinical base).
Stage and positioning is ok to good. It has natural width and depth but height is a bit too low. I can clearly hear the advantage of the KZ BA10 over the TSMR in this regard.
It is additionally versatile, of very high production quality and very comfortable.

Since I don't have the DM6 I would be interested in a direct comparison of these.

I have both but I just got them. I will need some time as I'm still trying to decide on the best tips for the DM6 before I can take them for a good spin. It's quite tip dependent. :p

Oh and the 123 position in the TSMR-3 is the 'Mixed tuning with lowest impedance' mode according to Tansio. I had my Macbook on 2(volume) for this mode. :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #20,242 of 33,689
they seem tight a little too much behind the ear, at least with my glasses.

I have to see if it's boring as the days go by. I will test with the zsn

Can you loosen the ear hooks with a hair dryer?

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #20,243 of 33,689
Je n'ai pas ... Do you see Jackson five. Same but white:ksc75smile:

Mais après 1h of rest to listen I had no embarrassment. for the hooks it's the same system as for the V20 cable

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #20,244 of 33,689
Je n'ai pas ... Do you see Jackson five. Same but white:ksc75smile:

Mais après 1h of rest to listen I had no embarrassment. for the hooks it's the same system as for the V20 cable

Well, the TRN cables can be adjusted with heat from a handheld electric hair dryer. V10, V20, V80, the TRN upgrade cables, BT3, and BT10.

So I imagine the BT20 should be the same way.

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #20,245 of 33,689
Surely. I just replace them and it's ok

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #20,246 of 33,689
Hear it out of my S9 and M0 with stock cable and spiral dots and with switches all on - 123. This puts out the most natural timbre for me - followed by 103 and 023. Though I wished a very slightly reduced mid bass and instead slightly increased sub bass, too.

They sound really good from the start. They come stock with the Switch 2 on ON position. It's the balanced signature according to the manufacturer and I like it. Switching switches 1 & 3 on and off adds a bit of bass or treble. That sounds great too!

The look, fit and finish is great! Even without the added functionality of changing the sound signature(a bit), it's still a very good IEM at $189 with all Knowles drivers. It's one talented guy in college making IEMs and he really knows what he is doing.

Also I really dug the simplistic package also. It's comes in a cardboard box with a hard disk case. In it is the IEM with a couple of really good tips, cleaning tool and a switch changing tool. The focus is on what really matters!

Hope this helps. :)
thanks! I might just go ahead and buy them! interested to know how it go against DM6 and DMGs

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #20,247 of 33,689
77542F7F-CEB9-443A-A120-037D02D1E254.jpeg I have a great hobby. :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #20,249 of 33,689
dJmlBLi.jpg
Faultless sound. Speaker-like, almost. Definitely an amazing DD. Bass is just right.

I would call this the OnePlus of IEMs.

The Moondrop Kanas Pro, folks.

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_184307.jpg
    IMG_20181129_184307.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #20,250 of 33,689
dJmlBLi.jpg
Faultless sound. Speaker-like, almost. Definitely an amazing DD. Bass is just right.

I would call this the OnePlus of IEMs.

The Moondrop Kanas Pro, folks.

Probably getting mine tomorrow.

Meanwhile the Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin is out of the cooker and it's good, very very good... :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back