Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 18, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #22,666 of 33,689
Hello boys!
After much effort i've put in listening, some shops started sending something to try.
I decided to open a website which i'm using to share my impressions.
If you would like to support with a visit, check out my little website where u can find some reviews i've even posted here.
NiceHCK EB2 and CCA-C10 are on the way and reviews will be up very soon.

I know visiting the site is just a little thing, but that's big for me in order to get more support for the platform as i need more visitors.

Thanks a lot for your time

https://www.yourstingyfriend.altervista.org
Just wondering if cca 10 is current fotm? Coming from qt2

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #22,667 of 33,689
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #22,668 of 33,689
Any Toneking BL1-owners here? They look interesting but 150€ is too much for "just trying" if they end up being meh.

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #22,669 of 33,689
Any Toneking BL1-owners here? They look interesting but 150€ is too much for "just trying" if they end up being meh.
My take on the Toneking BL1. I wouldn't recommend it if you are using out of your phone. It performs best with an amplifier. Cheers & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2018-11-28_20-02-56.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #22,670 of 33,689
My take on the Toneking BL1. I wouldn't recommend it if you are using out of your phone. It performs best with an amplifier. Cheers & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Yeah, i checked your review previously, thanks for that. Amplifier is not a problem. If i dont find anything more interesting i might order those. Nine Tail looks interesting as well though.

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #22,671 of 33,689
Hoping someone can help me out. So I've always wanted a pair of Etymotic ER4s to use as a throwaway pair due to the isolation (for mowing lawns, power tools, snoring etc), but i could never justify the price of them due to risk of damage or getting lost/stolen etc. Plus, I've tried a few Balanced armature earphones and found I disliked the shrill treble so I probably wouldn't use it as a primary headphone anyway.

Are there any cheap clones that use the same tiny design and high-isolation tips as the ER4s. It seems like it would be pretty cheap and easy to copy too, as its just a tiny aluminum barrel with a single BA driver inside (even using the genuine ER4s Knowles drivers, they only cost $20/pair on Aliexpress) and a MMCX connector glued at the end.

On that note, are there actually any cheap chinese single Balanced Armature earphones (not hybrid, 1BA only) at all? Why aren't they more common?

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #22,672 of 33,689
Hoping someone can help me out. So I've always wanted a pair of Etymotic ER4s to use as a throwaway pair due to the isolation (for mowing lawns, power tools, snoring etc), but i could never justify the price of them due to risk of damage or getting lost/stolen etc. Plus, I've tried a few Balanced armature earphones and found I disliked the shrill treble so I probably wouldn't use it as a primary headphone anyway.

Are there any cheap clones that use the same tiny design and high-isolation tips as the ER4s. It seems like it would be pretty cheap and easy to copy too, as its just a tiny aluminum barrel with a single BA driver inside (even using the genuine ER4s Knowles drivers, they only cost $20/pair on Aliexpress) and a MMCX connector glued at the end.

On that note, are there actually any cheap chinese single Balanced Armature earphones (not hybrid, 1BA only) at all? Why aren't they more common?

The Remax RM-600M (with tethered cable) is still ~$31 - but I don't think it's available on AliExpress any longer.

They are available on Amazon - https://smile.amazon.com/Trend-REMAX-RM-600M-Moving-Earphone/dp/B01FWBADSK/

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #22,673 of 33,689

The ER3-SR/XR series is considerable cheaper and people have been reporting that adding 20 Ohm resistor adaptor you can get roughly the same sound as the ER4SR/XR. Just food for thought. (Also if you're into DIY you can buy chinese "Ety" kits, this thread shows some of them: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cli...mm-balanced-to-3-5mm-balanced-adapter.899252/)

For isolation alone, I'd consider either KZ ZS4(1DD + 1BA) or ZS3E (1DD). I have both ER4 and ZS4 and isolation-wise when using ZS4 with hybrid tips I can get even better isolation than Etymotics.

But since your question it is only about 1 BA, there are: FiiO FA1, QDC Neptune, Brainwavz KOEL, NICEHCK DT100... I'd say they're quite popular but more drivers just sell more because of the bias more=better and also usually 1BA tends to have a really short extension at bass/sub-bass so not the best target for bass-heads or mainstream market.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #22,674 of 33,689
The ER3-SR/XR series is considerable cheaper and people have been reporting that adding 20 Ohm resistor adaptor you can get roughly the same sound as the ER4SR/XR. Just food for thought. (Also if you're into DIY you can buy chinese "Ety" kits, this thread shows some of them: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cli...mm-balanced-to-3-5mm-balanced-adapter.899252/)

For isolation alone, I'd consider either KZ ZS4(1DD + 1BA) or ZS3E (1DD). I have both ER4 and ZS4 and isolation-wise when using ZS4 with hybrid tips I can get even better isolation than Etymotics.

But since your question it is only about 1 BA, there are: FiiO FA1, QDC Neptune, Brainwavz KOEL, NICEHCK DT100... I'd say they're quite popular but more drivers just sell more because of the bias more=better and also usually 1BA tends to have a really short extension at bass/sub-bass so not the best target for bass-heads or mainstream market.
The 1 BA Brainwavz B100 had a great sub-bass extension.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #22,676 of 33,689
I placed an order for ZSN and C10 to see what all the fuss is about... Bigger investments can wait. I got them for 40€, not bad deal if they really are as good as reviews claim.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back