Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #30,571 of 33,689
anyone know a hybrid that has BAs for bass, but uses dynamic driver for treble? because i always prefer fast decay on bass, but warmer and softer attack on treble

Probably off-topic assuming this thread is for Chinese/Asian stuff but JH Audio Lola has a similar concept.

Lola_universal_exploded_500.gif

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #30,572 of 33,689
Probably off-topic assuming this thread is for Chinese/Asian stuff but JH Audio Lola has a similar concept.

Lola_universal_exploded_500.gif

that's close, though it still uses BA for highest freq, but worth to try. thanks for pointing that one out

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #30,574 of 33,689
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #30,575 of 33,689
anyone know a hybrid that has BAs for bass, but uses dynamic driver for treble? because i always prefer fast decay on bass, but warmer and softer attack on treble
I haven't encounter such iem yet but i can say the moondrop blessing 2 have a dd bass that sounds like BA bass, tight and fast decay. Treble sense it's quite okay

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #30,576 of 33,689
Do you like it more then kxxs ?
Yeah, I prefer quite a lot of stuff to the KXXS.

At this point KXXS isnt a very smart pick because there is the Starfield at almost half the price and it should be almost the same sound.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #30,577 of 33,689

At this point KXXS isnt a very smart pick because there is the Starfield at almost half the price and it should be almost the same sound.
Yes but i already have it since release. I didn't like the blons more then the kxxs

But i think i still wait a few hypes before upgrading

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #30,578 of 33,689
Yes but i already have it since release. I didn't like the blons more then the kxxs

But i think i still wait a few hypes before upgrading
The Blessing 2 is a very nice upgrade for the KXXS, but not 100% though because the bass quantity is lower in the B2. Although maybe their upcoming SSR or/and the more fun SSR might be a good upgrade for the KXXS.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #30,579 of 33,689
The Blessing 2 is a very nice upgrade for the KXXS, but not 100% though because the bass quantity is lower in the B2. Although maybe their upcoming SSR or/and the more fun SSR might be a good upgrade for the KXXS.
I was thinking about getting the blessing but like you said bass is flat

Maybe thie l9

Apr 29, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #30,580 of 33,689

Your point about the starfield is completely true..... No one should buy the Kxxs ahead of the starfield now that it is out.

However, however..... Having stopped using my previously loved Kxxs for more exciting iems....I recently discovered the oracle pEQ profile (his preference, not Harman).....and wow! Let's just say I fell in love all over again and am back to using them quite a bit.

Oh, and I am now using reverse starline instead of spiral dots.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #30,581 of 33,689
Your point about the starfield is completely true..... No one should buy the Kxxs ahead of the starfield now that it is out.

However, however..... Having stopped using my previously loved Kxxs for more exciting iems....I recently discovered the oracle pEQ profile (his preference, not Harman).....and wow! Let's just say I fell in love all over again and am back to using them quite a bit.

Oh, and I am now using reverse starline instead of spiral dots.
Can you tell more about this peq setting whit what software do you use it

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #30,582 of 33,689
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #30,583 of 33,689
I've not been able to find a BA bass that rumbles well (which is felt rather than heard) for the subbass (20 - 60 kHz) ...
For the BA bass, BGVP ArtMagic VG4 have Sonion bass BAs (2x), which they describe being close to the dynamic bass.

VG4 feature a 4'BA combination that includes Knowles ED + Knowles RF tweeter.
With the tunables switches and tge current sale price of ~$175 sounds like a very enticing proposition.

Though MMCX is a big turn off for me (just two states: too tight or too loose...) plus I read someone managed to convince BGVP to tame the treble in VG4 for "western" ears... I am personally quite sad about it - they first put a dedicated BA twitter and then mutilate it - where is the logic (?)
I inquired with BGVP if they can sell me originally tuned VG4)

Any thoughts and opinions?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #30,584 of 33,689
I've not been able to find a BA bass that rumbles well (which is felt rather than heard) for the subbass (20 - 60 kHz)

Are you willing to use EQ?

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #30,585 of 33,689
For the BA bass, BGVP ArtMagic VG4 have Sonion bass BAs (2x), which they describe being close to the dynamic bass.

VG4 feature a 4'BA combination that includes Knowles ED + Knowles RF tweeter.
With the tunables switches and tge current sale price of ~$175 sounds like a very enticing proposition.

Though MMCX is a big turn off for me (just two states: too tight or too loose...) plus I read someone managed to convince BGVP to tame the treble in VG4 for "western" ears... I am personally quite sad about it - they first put a dedicated BA twitter and then mutilate it - where is the logic (?)
I inquired with BGVP if they can sell me originally tuned VG4)

Any thoughts and opinions?

Wow thanks for the headsup. I vaguely remember hearing about this model but didn't read more about it. Looks interesting for sure, will check out reviews.

Are you willing to use EQ?

Yes i frequently use bass EQ boost for some gear as i am a basshead. But that generally increases bass quantity but doesn't really help the decay and tactile rumble of subbass like a DD set.

But don't get me wrong, BA bass has their benefits like being generally faster. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back