Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #12,440 of 33,689
The Eternal Melody EM-2 has got a really wide soundstage, however it's not exactly in the budget/ultra budget price range.
Thanks, its kinda above my budget of 200USD but will consider it. There's that new BrainWavz B400 with apparently awesome soundstage which I'm quite interested in as well.

Oct 21, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #12,441 of 33,689
Thanks, its kinda above my budget of 200USD but will consider it. There's that new BrainWavz B400 with apparently awesome soundstage which I'm quite interested in as well.

The B400 is a nice IEM, especially for its price. I wouldn't call its soundstage awesome though - it is definitely above average and rather three-dimensional, and among the best soundstages for a multi-BA IEM below $300, however it (the imaging) still lacks a bit of precision. Not that I would complain at all though (most sub $300 multi-BA IEMs don't image as well).

The EM- has got a wider soundstage. It doesn't really have much (if any) spatial depth though. But maaan, that width is quite incredible for an IEM and separation/precision are certainly there, too.

For imaging and soundstage, the Pai Audio MR3 would be within your budget and has got a large, three-dimensional and authentic stage with good precision. I can definitely recommend it to those who are looking for a sound signature that heads a bit more into the neutral direction with a little extra brightness.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #12,442 of 33,689
Oct 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #12,443 of 33,689
The B400 is a nice IEM, especially for its price. I wouldn't call its soundstage awesome though - it is definitely above average and rather three-dimensional, and among the best soundstages for a multi-BA IEM below $300, however it (the imaging) still lacks a bit of precision. Not that I would complain at all though (most sub $300 multi-BA IEMs don't image as well).

The EM- has got a wider soundstage. It doesn't really have much (if any) spatial depth though. But maaan, that width is quite incredible for an IEM and separation/precision are certainly there, too.

For imaging and soundstage, the Pai Audio MR3 would be within your budget and has got a large, three-dimensional and authentic stage with good precision. I can definitely recommend it to those who are looking for a sound signature that heads a bit more into the neutral direction with a little extra brightness.
Have you reviewed the Pai Audio MR3,??

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #12,449 of 33,689
Oo sounds like a good budget option, is the imaging very precise and accurate?

Yes, I'd say that. Probably the best I've heard on those parameters under at least $100. You can add to that the widest soundstage I've heard under at least $200. They're a bit hard to drive though so something more than a phone would be preferable.

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #12,450 of 33,689
Yes, I'd say that. Probably the best I've heard on those parameters under at least $100. You can add to that the widest soundstage I've heard under at least $200. They're a bit hard to drive though so something more than a phone would be preferable.
Wow that impressive? Think I'll demo it sometime when I have the time. Thanks for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back