Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #13,129 of 33,689
I have the niceHCK Dz7 hybrid. It’s - to my ears - an abject failure. The bass is non existent with a thin and reedy sounding midrange ( sucked out ). The only redeeming factor that I can think of is that it has a nice enough treble with enough extensive and it’s pretty damn comfortable
To wear.
OMG, DZ7s are well known for their mid range and has a reputation as one the best price to performance iem,

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #13,133 of 33,689
Sub-bass, sub-bassier, KingYou KM03: http://frequency-response.blogspot.com/2017/11/KingYou-KM03-Frequency-Response.html :astonished::astonished::astonished:

(Sub-) Bass quality isn't good at all though - very soft and lacks differentiation. Too bad, since otherwise it isn't even bad and nicely smooth, inoffensive and warm. Definitely not a relevant in-ear.

... and here comes the KM02: http://frequency-response.blogspot.com/2017/11/kingyou-km02-frequency-response.html

KingYou KM02 Frequency Response.jpg KingYou KM02 vs KM03.jpg

That treble spike isn't as horrible as it looks on the graph. Still metallic and artificial though. The bass appears a bit tighter and cleaner compared to the KM03. Midrange unfortunately doesn't come all that close though and sounds a bit hollow and not as detailed. The KM03 has got the more natural midrange and treble response. Both unfortunately appear disconnected in the lows, and the KM02 also does so in the treble. Not really sure what to think about it. Think I prefer the KM03, an in-ear that isn't really good either though, over it - I'd definitely take my KZ ATE, the HDS1 or Xiaomi Mi Piston Colorful Starter Edition over both any day.

Build quality of the shells is really good though - fully made of metal and no sharp edges or other cr@p. And it's got a chin-slider as well as nice (single-button) remote control. The included ear tips are good as well, and the type of storage pouch is quite similar to the Fidue A65's.
That cable though - no, no, no. Design of my Sennheiser IE 800 but with red instead of green threads, but appears to be closer to the NuForce NE800M's crappy cable (as if the Sennheiser's wasn't already bad enough). Yikes.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #13,137 of 33,689
Looks like fake store with shells off the cheap Fonge T01 with different faceplate. Someone is trying to rip off ppl imo.

Btw, I inserted my AE coins too early thinking they will count and now I`m without 8$ discount from any seller.
Do You guys think it is reasonable to skip buying TinAudio T2 for 33$ and save up for Toneking Ninetail ?
If I could use my coins again, I would buy T2 for 25$ for sure!... but oh no...

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #13,138 of 33,689
After doing a little searching and finding nothing that really leapt out at me, I went to the classifieds here and decided to buy Lurk's AKG N40 - it was the best deal I'd seen at roughly 1/2 off the actual MSRP and most of $100 off the best price I'd seen. Remember to hunt the classifieds here as they have produced most of the best deals I have gotten.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #13,139 of 33,689
well how come only the cheap stuff get mentioned here, while mid priced iems barley get mentioned in this thread

Because it's easier to draw people in when you recommend budget iems that can showcase what chifi can bring. Once you realize that chifi can and will compete with more traditional brands, you will do your own research and look for higher stuff. I started out with the Monks Plus and Headroom Ms16, just order my first tfz kings, we as close to buying the TNT but I like brighter sounds, again another thing is that right now chifi is evolving to the point that alot of newer stuff coming out will wow a lot of people, you night spend a huge amount on one thing and realize something just came out that may surpass it and be curious.

Also don't make me drop another $84 I'm getting broke q.q

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #13,140 of 33,689
I'll take the TNT over the King err' day.

It's preference, the king design is safe, and if you like brighter tone it might be better for you. For example I can appreciate relaxed signatures but they bore me, I always come back to lush vocals and sweet highs over bass and recessed highs any day. That being said the TNT looks better built, nice looking cable, and the filters add a layer of customizability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back