Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 21, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #19,921 of 33,689
@Theri0n @demo-to @TechnoidFR
Out of curiosity, has any of you also tried the BQ3? I'm still waiting for it to arrive but would be curious how the BQ3 and KC2 compare :beyersmile:

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #19,922 of 33,689
how the BQ3 and KC2 compare :beyersmile:

It has more bass according to several reviews so no go for me.

I am almost happy with Audbos P4 bass. So KC2 is even slightly more, than I like. So, don't pay too much attention as my bass perception is pretty different from the majority, especially of the age 17-35.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #19,923 of 33,689
Behold, the iBasso IT01s is released. It is the upgrade version of IT01, not the plural.

It features a Tesla magnet, carbon-nanotube(CNT) diaphragm and diamond-like carbon (DLC) dome. The old IT01 uses graphene diaphragm.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.png

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #19,925 of 33,689
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #19,928 of 33,689
Theme: What were they thinking? :astonished:

The KZ company came along way of achieving some stiff competition while building it's way up to a more reputable one. But, how does one even challenge the beauty and sonic sound signature at such a low price when combining price and material. This is the very reason why we ask -What were they thinking? With Knowledge Zenith's achievement of the KZ ZSN, they just made it more difficult for other companies to challenge this very point of "Price VS Value". In reality, there's no doubt about it! At a mere $13 to $15 US dollars, other companies are asking -how can they profit at such a low price? Well, the reality is that they have a BIG FOLLOWING, whether rich, middle class, or the poor that yearn to wish to have such a "gem" can now afford a taste of hi-end/hi-class earphones giving them a higher listening experience and enjoyment. Just in design, build, and housing puts to shame even branded earphones costing much more at their own and much higher target price. I, myself hope that this will be a new trend for KZ and hope that they follow this very trend. You can be sure that the KZ ZSN are going to be hard to beat in "five different ways" -looks, design, build, sound, and price!

After finally reaching 200 hours of playtime, they easily reached the top of my list! :trophy::point_left::wink:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZSN
10mm Titanium Film Drivers + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures in each side
PSR: 9.9
SS: Luscious and energetic with plenty of hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: When purchasing with the light copper cables (or clear/silver cables), you get a glimpse of what could have been a very expensive hi-end signature model at a killer price! No doubt about it!...Simply top of my list!

To see more on my list, check out my profile...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #19,931 of 33,689
Picked up this HiFiHear triple driver IEM for $45 (after 10% coupon) from amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFZP3HL.

Pleasantly surprised by the sound coming out from this IEM .. comparable to my BGVP DMG, with slightly recessed base. I think this is a fairly good buy for the price.

hifihear.JPG

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #19,932 of 33,689
Picked up this HiFiHear triple driver IEM for $45 (after 10% coupon) from amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFZP3HL.

Pleasantly surprised by the sound coming out from this IEM .. comparable to my BGVP DMG, with slightly recessed base. I think this is a fairly good buy for the price.

Whoa, that's pretty high praise.... So, similar to BGVP DMG in sound signature, except for a little less bass?

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #19,933 of 33,689
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #19,935 of 33,689
Whoa, that's pretty high praise.... So, similar to BGVP DMG in sound signature, except for a little less bass?
yes .. that is what I felt. Sources used were my Onkyo DP-X1, iPhone XS with Audioquest Black streaming Tidal MQA with mConnect app, Dell XPS laptop with iFi Nano DAC streaming from Tidal desktop.

I don't have any professional equipment to do measurements .. it is what I heard on the IEMs. Give it a shot and you won't be disappointed. Worst case you can send it back to amazon.

BTW .. there is a black Friday sale on this on AliXpress for $33.75
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...ing-Earphone-Detachable-MMCX/32921028308.html

hifihear_sale.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back