Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 6, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #33,616 of 33,689
Great review!
I think isolation is an underestimated quality in IEM.
For me is a great plus both when I use my IEM for making music (I'm a drummer) and when I listen to music (the isolation helps a lot hearing all the details in a record!).
Thank you!
Do you have also suggestion for sub 100$ budget?
Thanks a lot!

You are in luck. Truthear Hexa is $79.99. :L3000:

Jul 6, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #33,617 of 33,689
To me it sounds a bit contradicting. As far as I understand it neutral IEMs can't have boost in sub-bass area.

That's why I said "neutral IEM WITH a sub-bass boost" in my first post.

Great review!
I think isolation is an underestimated quality in IEM.
For me is a great plus both when I use my IEM for making music (I'm a drummer) and when I listen to music (the isolation helps a lot hearing all the details in a record!).
Thank you!
Do you have also suggestion for sub 100$ budget?
Thanks a lot!

The HEXA is probably one of the better sets for studio work/live stage monitoring that I've come across at sub-$100 USD.

Most other budget gear are generally V-shaped or Harmanish. There are a couple of other neutral/neutral-bright types, but they generally have fit or isolation issues, so not the most ideal for stage use IMHO.

Jul 6, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #33,618 of 33,689
Looking for a 100 euro pair of IEMS with good isolation, good bass/sub bass and midrange.

Not too dark, as I'll use them live sometimes. But not particularly concerned about treble microdetails. Loved my LZ A4 and BLON 03s, but the Blons are not bassy enough. And the A4s are openback.
Hidizs have just released their dynamic/armature MS3 based on Knowles and pretty good dynamic unit with 3 sets of filters coming in the box. One of the pairs of those filters should do a good job on lower end according to AFR. But the price is around 130.

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #33,619 of 33,689
Looking for a 100 euro pair of IEMS with good isolation, good bass/sub bass and midrange.

Not too dark, as I'll use them live sometimes. But not particularly concerned about treble microdetails. Loved my LZ A4 and BLON 03s, but the Blons are not bassy enough. And the A4s are openback.
CCA HM20: It's a very good bassy set with great imaging abilities. You can check reviews of HiFri or Akros if you are interested.

Jul 6, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #33,620 of 33,689
Jul 7, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #33,621 of 33,689
Go Solid resin for best isolation.

FLO AUDIO Bluelover are very good! :L3000:

Magaosi V3 and TRI Meteor are both decent 1+1 if you want bass. V3 is about $40 and Meteor goes on sale fairly often now. These both have present mid-bass not scooped with sub-bass emphasis.
As far as I know, you can't get Magaosi V3 anywhere anymore. I tried. No shop in Aliexpress has any in stock and other shops I asked were unable to source any. Magaosi/Hilisening have stopped manufacturing IEMs. Do you have a source for V3? I know some shops in Thailand sell them but I can't order from them (no international orders and no customer servive in English).

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #33,622 of 33,689
Jul 7, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #33,624 of 33,689
Which would you say is a better value and sound overall: truthear hexa or simgot ea500?
I have both. If I had to choose only one: EA500.
Disclaimer: I can tolerate some sybilance.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #33,625 of 33,689
Thanks. No, they don't have any to sell and they don't seem to remove the page even though they say that is the case. I have ordered the Magaosi DQ4 from them so they do ship to Europe. I tried ordering from GeekyAudio Store, and I think I messaged Beteran Audio Store, too. No luck. The only aliexpress store that ships the V3 is Tiandirenhe but their IEM is NOT the same as the Magaosi V3. It has a different shape and a different bass port. The shop owner claims 'he' only changed the faceplate of the IEM but that's not true. The extras that come with the IEM are made by Magaosi but the IEM is not. I bought a pair and it's perfectly fine, sound wise, but it's definitely not sounding like the graph at squig.link. I tried ordering from Aoshida Audio and they cancelled my order after a month because the manufacturer couldn't be contacted.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #33,626 of 33,689
what will the best noise cancelling ?

Aria 2021 or Tforce Yuan Li or TRi HBB X Kai ?

All are single dynamic with metal shell. As Nimweth said tips will make the most difference to isolation.
^-> This

The absolute two best tips for isolation (most amount of dB damping AND widest frequency dampening) are:

Comply audio Professional P-series Foam Ear -tips
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/professional-p-series

Westone Audio Performance Foam Eeartips 14mm (longest)
https://www.westoneaudio.eu/collect...ance-foam-eartips-14mm?variant=41198102478980
Both are deep and wide enough and out of a dense enough material.

However, both of those limit you to IEMs with core (inner bore hole) size of 2-3mm, limiting your IEMs to those with nozzle/tip diameter of 2-3mm (so basically Westone/Shure IEM sized models like AudioSense T260Pro, NiceHCK DT300 Pro <- not sure they are available anymore).

Of course, if you get a custom mold WITH additional foam tips, you might get same/similar isolation, but all current wide-nozzle IEMs are much worse in passive isolation compared to the above models.

So, pick tips first, if you you absolutely must have maximum passive isolation (like I do).

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #33,627 of 33,689
Well you are correct on those two tips as well as their limitations on barrel design, I’ve always found Auvio’s to be superb for isolation :v:

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #33,628 of 33,689
I’m also a bass player. You should try Legato.
Legato is just boomy, while AudioSense AQ4 is punchy and next class IEMs with not so much of a difference as far as the price is concerned. The only spec where Legato shines is just base quantity. AQ 4 is number one for the ratio price/SQ for base-heads. Unfortunately the graph does not depict the real difference between those two but still one can see the advantages of AQ4. For detailed comparison between those two check out my Channel for bass-heads at Telegram.
AQ4 vs Legato.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #33,630 of 33,689
The HEXA is probably one of the better sets for studio work/live stage monitoring that I've come across at sub-$100 USD.

Most other budget gear are generally V-shaped or Harmanish. There are a couple of other neutral/neutral-bright types, but they generally have fit or isolation issues, so not the most ideal for stage use IMHO.

To me the Hexa’s signature sounds kind of like the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro, a standard in the mastering industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back