Choosing between the Meze 99 Classics and the DT770
Nov 6, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #16 of 16
I heard good things about the nighthawk carbon headphone, same price as meze, might be worth taking a look at them.

Yes there are 4 models of the beyers 770 and also a less popular model that people used to talk good things about for classical music, the dt 660 less limited in power, too neutral, and a bass that is more lean and weak but more precise in reproduction of low notes, they also look like a cheap toy but I mention them because i remember many reviwes talking about classic music with these and they are also closed back at 32ohms.

about the bass meze vs 770 I have to say i was not impress as is not the most detailed and texured bass I have heard but beyer sells the dt 770 as headphones for drummers and I can tell thats why they sound dry and hit like hammer, not in a really bad way but I guess they tuned a bit here so drummers can hear better precision on percussion. I also feel that the mids are a bit dry and recessed on the 770.
The meze has a more forgiving and relaxed bass, more rounded but again nothing super articulate or speedy.

I see what you mean. The bass of the Meze is better supported by the rest of the spectrum. I like this: "The meze has a more forgiving and relaxed bass".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back