Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 26, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #391 of 6,290
If I had an M Scaler/DAVE combo, I'd be used wired to the 2Go/2Yu anyway. The wireless is obviously intended primarily for portable use. I'd sure as heck not want to have to deal with wireless issues while listening to music.
I don’t have any wireless issues, quite probably because I can use 5GHz Wifi. Not everyone can run ethernet cabling to every room in their house, or should need to. I would have thought that SD cards were for portable use, and then wireless for networking with your phone. Can you give me an example of any other product launched in the last five years that only has 2.4GHz WiFi? (apart from the Poly).

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #392 of 6,290
I don’t have any wireless issues, quite probably because I can use 5GHz Wifi. Not everyone can run ethernet cabling to every room in their house, or should need to. I would have thought that SD cards were for portable use, and then wireless for networking with your phone. Can you give me an example of any other product launched in the last five years that only has 2.4GHz WiFi? (apart from the Poly).

Innuos Statement for one? That does not have 5GHz WiFi but then it doesn't have any WiFi at all and is wired only. :relaxed:

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #393 of 6,290
Innuos Statement for one? That does not have 5GHz WiFi but then it doesn't have any WiFi at all and is wired only. :relaxed:
I asked for an example of a product which only has 2.4GHz WiFi. The Innuos does not fit that for, as you point out, it is wired only. So, the question remains. And a variant of the question would be “How many 2.4GHz only products do you have at home?”

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #394 of 6,290
I asked for an example of a product which only has 2.4GHz WiFi. The Innuos does not fit that for, as you point out, it is wired only. So, the question remains. And a variant of the question would be “How many 2.4GHz only products do you have at home?”

LOL!!! PS4 for example. Countless other products are 2.4GHz only.

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #395 of 6,290
Antipodes audio has wifi but I use wired, USB and Ethernet

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #397 of 6,290
PS4 was launched more than five years ago.

Plus it seems like they realized that it was a stupid omission as the new slim and pro models have both 2.4/5 bands.

I agree it's an omission and not a decision like Chord likes to claim, but they've made it clear that they're not interested in hearing criticism about it.

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #398 of 6,290
Plus it seems like they realized that it was a stupid omission as the new slim and pro models have both 2.4/5 bands.

I agree it's an omission and not a decision like Chord likes to claim, but they've made it clear that they're not interested in hearing criticism about it.

I have a PS4 Pro and it won't connect to 5GHz on two different networks. It is a widely documented issue so it's not just my unit.

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #399 of 6,290
Surely you mean John Franksenstein? Someone who uses spare parts to cobble together something horrific which is doomed to failure.

I think 2Yu needs a new lexicon.

Product concept - 0Clu
Pricing policy - 2DuU
Product delays - 2Qu
Software issues - BuHu
Initial assessment - DuDu
Marks out of 10 - ??

i am forever stupified by people like yourself, who are not interested in this product, which hasn't even been released yet, yet stay here in this thread to spew nonsense like this. you don't have anything better to do?

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #400 of 6,290
I heard that preorders will be shipped out to the respective dealers next week.

Can’t wait (and couldn’t care less about no 5GHz)

Feb 26, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #402 of 6,290
i am forever stupified by people like yourself, who are not interested in this product, which hasn't even been released yet, yet stay here in this thread to spew nonsense like this. you don't have anything better to do?
I thought his post was pretty funny. If he wants to troll in here AND be entertaining, I'm all for it :).

Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back