Chord Announces Poly, Hugo 2 and Blu MkII @ CES 2017
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #16 of 144
Does anyone know if Polly "fully" supports ROON's RAAT protocol at all of it's extended sample rates, or is ROON listed as being supported by Polly only because of its Airplay compatibility (limited to 44/48khz)?

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #18 of 144
While I understand the focus of the discussion thus far being the Poly, I believe the major product announcement to be the Blu mkII. Connect your digital source out via BNC S/PDIF to the Blu mkII's BNC S/PDIF input and then connect the Blu mkII to the Chord Dave and you get to enjoy listening to the sound of over 1 million taps. The CD transport is nice to have but I would imagine that the bulk of the interest in the Blu mkII will come from people who already own Dave coupled with their digital source of choice. Yes, £ 7,995 or ca. 9907 USD is a lot of money (and to get a Dave/Blu mkII combo you're looking at over 20,000 USD post Brexit). So no, it's not for everybody, but those fortunate enough to be able to afford Dave/Blu mkII should be in audiophile heaven. Plug your favorite headphones into Dave and it could be game over. I very much look forward to getting a chance to listen to this combo.

P.S.
- Just imagine what you might experience with this combo starting with the S/PDIF out of a Smyth Realiser A16.

your "P.S" comment = Mind blown......

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 144

Meh...for the people who bought their mojo before CES or kept it without selling, good decision :)

No doubt... I waited to see if I should get an AK70, but this is a much more elegant solution..and now I don't have to worry about the noises coming off of my iphone6

How can you confirm ?
This module will be always connected via bluetooth/wifi and there must be some noise... Let see how it performs in real life !

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 144
The Poly is about connectivity and flexility but not sound quality.
The digital audio  stream BT or WI-FI must be down converted somewhere to analog again to be heard , so if the converter you have is not better or even equal to the super duper Dac of the mojo you just lost quality.
I do not think direct wired  connection from the MOJO has rivals

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #22 of 144
It will be interesting to see how this Mojo+Poly sounds compare to UAPP+Mojo or DAP+Mojo !

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 144

The Hugo 2 is loaded with Chord's latest FPGA and Watts Transient Aligned (WTA) filters bringing the Hugo into Chord's modern age. Chord is reporting improvements in the timing accuracy. dynamic range, noise reduction and headphone amp power in the new Hugo 2. Chord has also improved the battery life with the Hugo 2, increasing it to 14 hours, up from the Hugo's 10. Every input and output from the original Hugo are still here, ensuring that owners of the current Hugo will not have to worry about changing their stereo configuration if they upgrade.
 ​

Strange, on their website Chord claims only the half: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/hugo-2/
"Battery playing time is around seven hours and two modes of automatic charging are included using the dedicated Micro USB charging port; an indicator shows charging and battery-charge status." 

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #30 of 144
  The Poly is about connectivity and flexility but not sound quality.
The digital audio  stream BT or WI-FI must be down converted somewhere to analog again to be heard , so if the converter you have is not better or even equal to the super duper Dac of the mojo you just lost quality.
I do not think direct wired  connection from the MOJO has rivals

Wait, what?  I doubt that. The Mojo should recieve the exact same information that would be sent over a cable... why would you think otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back