Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 1, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #7,351 of 18,863
Could those of you who have said that Roon is working well for you please identify what WAP you are using for your network? I have an all Meraki network and I can't get more than a couple songs into an album before the Poly drops off the network and Roon stops playing. I know it is the Poly and not Roon, because I can see the Poly disconnect in my logs. I'm willing to add another brand of WAP to my network just for the Poly but I'd to know which one to get in the US market.
Maybe a very simple change you could try, change your WiFi channel - this is a setting in your WiFi router admin settings. Just in case a particular channel is not working out for whatever reason.

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #7,352 of 18,863
Could those of you who have said that Roon is working well for you please identify what WAP you are using for your network? I have an all Meraki network and I can't get more than a couple songs into an album before the Poly drops off the network and Roon stops playing. I know it is the Poly and not Roon, because I can see the Poly disconnect in my logs. I'm willing to add another brand of WAP to my network just for the Poly but I'd to know which one to get in the US market.

I've been using Roon quite successfully since getting my Poly. I have a pretty simple network using multiple Apple Extreme routers and a time capsule. The extra routers are required due to concrete construction. It even transfers to a different router when moving around the house with no dropouts. I don't have a lot of neighbors competing for channels either.

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #7,353 of 18,863
Any update on the app, please? Another week has gone by, and I still don't get to stick the 'Configuration Tool' into the Configuration Tool Voodoo Doll that I have on my desk.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #7,354 of 18,863

Using Asus RT AC3200 for home network and using roon to stream, and so far its been great.

I have disabled Asus smart connect feature as it’s a pain and always has been, it would cause constant dis/reconnects because it’s always trying to provide you with the strongest wifi signal. I have had it disabled for a couple of years now.

Maybe those who are using Asus routers and having poly problems, maybe smart connect isnt helping them ?

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #7,355 of 18,863
I’m still having massive problems with my poly keeping a stable connection to my home wifi. I’ve got a Netgear Orbi and satellite, and the poly will never connect to the satellite - it just hangs on to the main unit until the signal drops out.

Is poly ever going to play nice with a mesh network? This is completely ridiculous

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #7,356 of 18,863
Not sure, but maybe the reason it isnt connecting to the satellite is because poly tries to connect to the strongest 2.4ghz wifi signal available.

Maybe your orbi is always the strongest signal regardless of where you are in your home ? It’s just a thought.

Mar 2, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #7,357 of 18,863
4ErgUpY.png

GoFigure Update
-

After some speculation here on Head-Fi, we wanted to provide all forum users with an up-to-date report of the GoFigure configuration app.

Following submission to the App Store, Apple requested a hardware review. A hardware review doesn’t always take place, but when it does, it is to simply confirm that the companion app does indeed function, as intended, with the paired device. We are very confident in the app, of course, and have performed extensive testing to confirm that it meets not only Apple’s requirements, but the often stricter demands of our customers.

Three weeks ago, a Mojo and Poly were submitted to Apple. No further updates have been received, but a request was made by us last week to expedite the process. Apple has not responded but we understand that this is fairly typical and that the process is (frustratingly) something of a waiting game. We appreciate your patience in waiting with us.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #7,359 of 18,863
And only 3 weeks to go til the Android version is with us! Happy days!

I think it’s probably best to release both versions at the same time now, if they just released one version the other side is sure to get butt hurt and moan about it.

That’s what I would do, no favourites, both together however long it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #7,360 of 18,863
4ErgUpY.png

GoFigure Update
-

After some speculation here on Head-Fi, we wanted to provide all forum users with an up-to-date report of the GoFigure configuration app.

Following submission to the App Store, Apple requested a hardware review. A hardware review doesn’t always take place, but when it does, it is to simply confirm that the companion app does indeed function, as intended, with the paired device. We are very confident in the app, of course, and have performed extensive testing to confirm that it meets not only Apple’s requirements, but the often stricter demands of our customers.

Three weeks ago, a Mojo and Poly were submitted to Apple. No further updates have been received, but a request was made by us last week to expedite the process. Apple has not responded but we understand that this is fairly typical and that the process is (frustratingly) something of a waiting game. We appreciate your patience in waiting with us.

Many thanks. The update is much appreciated.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,361 of 18,863
4ErgUpY.png

GoFigure Update
-

What about Android??

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #7,364 of 18,863
4ErgUpY.png

GoFigure Update
-

Thanks for the update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back