Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 25, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #17,372 of 19,039
I use Poly+Mojo2, when I play FLAC files from a SD card the background is not completely silent, there is light but audible noise like buzz, especially on start/next track When I stream via Roon or via AirPlay on WiFi the background is much darker with the same music. I tried turning on the Airplane mode for the Poly leaving just bluetooth on in the GoFigure app, resetting the Poly to the factory settings, switching SD cards, that didn't help. That's weird as many people in this discussion told that SQ is the best when playing from a SD card. Anyone with the same issue? Looks like a faulty unit?
This does feel a bit strange to me. When I use Poly to play music from the SD card, I get that 'black' background between tracks.
If you still get audible noise between tracks, then it is best that you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose.

Oct 26, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #17,373 of 19,039
As advised I reached out to Chord support, they told me to change the DSD bitperfect switch. I set it off, set digital volume of Poly in the GoFigure app to 100% and the issue is almost gone for me, no irritating background noise.

Have a couple of other questions:
1) Is there a way to keep Airplane mode for Poly all the time? When it switches on it still connects to WiFi even before the airplane mode was turned on.

2) Is there a way to automatically generate m3u playlists for all the albums stored on a SD card like Artist/Album directory structure so Poly could recognize these playlists and play through them over bluetooth controlled app? There is a video from Chord showing a button in the GoFigure app for playlist generation but seems to be available for their other streamer (2Go I guess) and not for Poly. I found Cantata windows app convenient as an mpd client for Poly, but the only way to create a playlist there is to do it manually for each album.

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #17,374 of 19,039
As advised I reached out to Chord support, they told me to change the DSD bitperfect switch. I set it off, set digital volume of Poly in the GoFigure app to 100% and the issue is almost gone for me, no irritating background noise.

Have a couple of other questions:
1) Is there a way to keep Airplane mode for Poly all the time? When it switches on it still connects to WiFi even before the airplane mode was turned on.

2) Is there a way to automatically generate m3u playlists for all the albums stored on a SD card like Artist/Album directory structure so Poly could recognize these playlists and play through them over bluetooth controlled app? There is a video from Chord showing a button in the GoFigure app for playlist generation but seems to be available for their other streamer (2Go I guess) and not for Poly. I found Cantata windows app convenient as an mpd client for Poly, but the only way to create a playlist there is to do it manually for each album.
Answer to your questions:
1. No. Need to switch to Airplane mode every time.
2. No, there is no build-in auto. playlist generation for Poly, yet. 2Go has it, thought. It may implement on Poly someday, but don't hold your breath. If you familiar with DOS command, you can write your own batch script to create playlist.

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #17,375 of 19,039
Anyone have trouble getting their Poly to work with the new Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max? I can get it connect

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #17,376 of 19,039
Been reading this whole thread.

The Mojo2/Poly setup for me was really easy, as I setup my network myself, and really just did open the box and all went good.

My endpoint, after really reading this whole thread, and why I did buy the Poly, the quest for infinity, that little slot, that you can swap out 1TB of storage.

Asking for a friend, if you can PM me, where does one find DSD files of all the glorious old rock and roll bands from the 60s [Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Beetles]

Just want to use the iphone as a low energy remote, to play DSD, while outside walknig in the sun with my Dog :santa:

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #17,377 of 19,039
Hi guys quick couple of questions which will save me sifting through a thousand plus pages.
I own mojo2 absolutely love it!
Now I'm considering buying a poly, my question is I mostly will only use it to play from an SD card and very rarely any other way, is the audio a step up from say just using a decent transport ?
Also how easy is it to connect to a phone to control and also which software is used for playback to control the SD card ?
Thanks again and saves me a big search .

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #17,378 of 19,039
Hi guys quick couple of questions which will save me sifting through a thousand plus pages.
Now I'm considering buying a poly, my question is I mostly will only use it to play from an SD card and very rarely any other way, is the audio a step up from say just using a decent transport ?
Also how easy is it to connect to a phone to control and also which software is used for playback to control the SD card ?
Hey Majo123, I used to be Steve Oliver but I changed my name (I needed to stay incognito :) ) how's things with you?
To answer your question, IMHO no Poly is no better than any other source and may well come with some additional "challenges" along the way.

But it is a very convenient form factor and connects to the Mojo(2) seamlessly so there is that.

If you do get one let me know how you get on, I've been considering making the investment myself.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #17,379 of 19,039
Hey Majo123, I used to be Steve Oliver but I changed my name (I needed to stay incognito :) ) how's things with you?
To answer your question, IMHO no Poly is no better than any other source and may well come with some additional "challenges" along the way.

But it is a very convenient form factor and connects to the Mojo(2) seamlessly so there is that.

If you do get one let me know how you get on, I've been considering making the investment myself.
Hey my friend good to hear from you been a while and thanks for your honest feedback , not that I would expect anything else from you ....I'm a bit busy this evening but we will have a catch up privately , il pm you soon my friend hope all's well.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #17,380 of 19,039
I have the Mojo2 and the Poly. I like the form factor, and have gotten used to the colored lights. I love when I can use it as a Roon endpoint while listening. My problem with the poly is using it off network. The fact it doesn’t have a dedicated, full featured player is a huge negative. I tried a few different apps to play from the SD card but none come off as good as a dedicated player. I just got a Fiio M11 Plus and it seems a better implementation for me. I can use it’s dedicated player for full HQ, use it with Roon and Roon Arc. It isn’t as powerful but it gets the job done. I’m kinda torn because I do like the Mojo/Poly.

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #17,381 of 19,039
I have the Mojo2 and the Poly. I like the form factor, and have gotten used to the colored lights. I love when I can use it as a Roon endpoint while listening. My problem with the poly is using it off network. The fact it doesn’t have a dedicated, full featured player is a huge negative. I tried a few different apps to play from the SD card but none come off as good as a dedicated player. I just got a Fiio M11 Plus and it seems a better implementation for me. I can use it’s dedicated player for full HQ, use it with Roon and Roon Arc. It isn’t as powerful but it gets the job done. I’m kinda torn because I do like the Mojo/Poly.
Again thanks for your honesty , my usage would as I say mostly be for SD card and I'm not bothered about form factor just audio quality .... think il save some bucks and stick to a transport.
Thanks guys.

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #17,382 of 19,039
Again thanks for your honesty , my usage would as I say mostly be for SD card and I'm not bothered about form factor just audio quality .... think il save some bucks and stick to a transport.
Thanks guys.
In terms of audio quality, Mojo2 and Poly excel. I use the combo all the time and lossless files fed via Poly gives the best audio performance. Give it a try

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #17,383 of 19,039
In terms of audio quality, Mojo2 and Poly excel. I use the combo all the time and lossless files fed via Poly gives the best audio performance. Give it a try
Again I have heard conflicting opinions on the difference between transport and poly for actual sd card audio playback , I think it does depend on transport also, low noise etc .....
But headaches I don't like and just want to play files from an SD card simply without any problems with the best audio playback , I think for my personal use this balance is key

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #17,384 of 19,039
It's also my experience that Mojo2 sounds best with Poly and local files.

User interface with MConnect (iOS App) is quite decent.
It takes a minute or so for the Mojo to show up then you select it as output, go to the browser of MConnect, select Poly (I called it Mojo2Poly), and then you have access to the stored music by folder structure or based on metadata (Albums, Artists, Genre...)
I never took the time to set up playlists though.

Operating modes:
in a network: Poly connects to Wifi and you can control it from the phone in the same Wifi
on the go: activate the smartphone hotspot. Poly connects, then you can control it from the phone
on a plane: activate Poly hotspot and connect your phone

From all I heard the best UI experience is with ROON, but I didn't try it yet...

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #17,385 of 19,039
Hi all,

Every now and then, I evaluate (or re-evaluate) a new player for my Mojo2Poly. I’m looking once again at MConnect, although I haven’t used it for a number of years. Actually, my use of player apps has significantly decreased since the launch of Roon Arc, nevertheless...

Here's what’s happening:
1) I launch the app and then select the Poly in the "PlayTo" tab (note that it doesn’t say “renderer”)
2) I navigate to the “Browser” tab and after tapping refresh a number of times, the Poly is still missing.

Perhaps I am missing one or more required steps, but I thought that is what is needed to gain visibility to the music stored on the SD card.

Thanks for any guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.PNG
    IMG_2609.PNG
    398.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2610.PNG
    IMG_2610.PNG
    410 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back