Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 25, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #18,181 of 18,943
Final release of tvOS 17 on Apple TV still not working with Poly via Airplay. On previous version it was working fine.
Anyone tried?
Never got a chance to try on tvOS 16, but can confirm 17 seems to not work. It is discovered, and connects, but no audio comes through. Tested with a few apps, and made sure the digital volume was all the way up after connecting.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #18,184 of 18,943
Hi all, I recently purchased a Mojo 2 & Poly with the intent of playing Tidal from my Android 11 phone.

After charging both units overnight I spent some time trying to understand how I would make this work, ive setup my phones hotspot and have connected the poly to this hotspot, the P.status LED is a steady blue, ive bought and installed UbbleUPnP and accessed my tidal account through it but when I try to play a song it doesnt play and I get the message "Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received. (code: 501)", any help to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Also, something strange, Ive also tried enabling the Airplane/Bluetooth mode but I cant connect to the poly from tidal at all in this mode, my phone doesnt even see the poly under bluetooth devices, so with the problem above ive been totally unable to get the Mojo 2/Poly to actually work with my phone at all.

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #18,185 of 18,943
Hi all, I recently purchased a Mojo 2 & Poly with the intent of playing Tidal from my Android 11 phone.

After charging both units overnight I spent some time trying to understand how I would make this work, ive setup my phones hotspot and have connected the poly to this hotspot, the P.status LED is a steady blue, ive bought and installed UbbleUPnP and accessed my tidal account through it but when I try to play a song it doesnt play and I get the message "Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received. (code: 501)", any help to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Also, something strange, Ive also tried enabling the Airplane/Bluetooth mode but I cant connect to the poly from tidal at all in this mode, my phone doesnt even see the poly under bluetooth devices, so with the problem above ive been totally unable to get the Mojo 2/Poly to actually work with my phone at all.
You don't mention the GoFigure app. Can you see Poly with the GoFigure app?

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #18,186 of 18,943
You don't mention the GoFigure app. Can you see Poly with the GoFigure app?
ah sorry about that, yes I can see the Poly with the GoFigure app (eventually, it doesnt always, I have to restart the app a number of times and sometimes it can even hang when connecting to the Poly)

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #18,187 of 18,943
ah sorry about that, yes I can see the Poly with the GoFigure app (eventually, it doesnt always, I have to restart the app a number of times and sometimes it can even hang when connecting to the Poly)
I don't use Tidal, so one of the other owners hopefully can flag up what is happening.
There is a Poly FAQ which might have some clues for you.
You obviously are focused on streaming, but you could try loading music and playlists onto the SD card, and then playing them from GoFigure app.
That could help identify if there are problems with the Bluetooth receiver.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #18,188 of 18,943

If you can get Gofigure to work, have you checked Poly's firmware status?
It should be 3.2.

Additionally, do you have wifi at home that you can connect Poly to, and attempt to stream to Poly via that network?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #18,189 of 18,943
Ok, update, Ive finally got it working, I didnt have a SD card try your idea @miketlse and when I enabled the hotspot mode and went to the configuration page I couldnt find any 3 dots that lead to a "use network as is" option but you did give me a idea @headmanPL mainly relating to the change of settings.

I reset the poly and started again at the wizard but this time picked bluetooth for the setup, once I did that it still didnt work but I noticed that the P.status LED was blinking blue-green like it was still in hotspot mode, I restarted the actual Poly unit and this time my phone could see the unit in bluetooth and the music was coming through on the Mojo from the phones bluetooth.

A big step forward ofc but I didnt buy the Poly for its bluetooth and im sure no one else did, it did however indicate that the Poly hardware seems to stay in a previous setting once changed in the GoFigure app (which may I say is the worst app ive ever seen, period) that it seems you also need to turn the Poly off & on with each change, so I reset again, chose my phones hotspot at the launch wizard, restarted the poly and low and behold folks Tidal now streams through BubbleUPnP to the Mojo 2 successfully yay! thanks for the help with this problem, now I just have to see what its gonna be like day to day (tbh I know its gonna be hella annoying but lets see if the sound quality is high enough to be worth it).

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #18,190 of 18,943
Ok, update, Ive finally got it working, I didnt have a SD card try your idea @miketlse and when I enabled the hotspot mode and went to the configuration page I couldnt find any 3 dots that lead to a "use network as is" option but you did give me a idea @headmanPL mainly relating to the change of settings.

I reset the poly and started again at the wizard but this time picked bluetooth for the setup, once I did that it still didnt work but I noticed that the P.status LED was blinking blue-green like it was still in hotspot mode, I restarted the actual Poly unit and this time my phone could see the unit in bluetooth and the music was coming through on the Mojo from the phones bluetooth.

A big step forward ofc but I didnt buy the Poly for its bluetooth and im sure no one else did, it did however indicate that the Poly hardware seems to stay in a previous setting once changed in the GoFigure app (which may I say is the worst app ive ever seen, period) that it seems you also need to turn the Poly off & on with each change, so I reset again, chose my phones hotspot at the launch wizard, restarted the poly and low and behold folks Tidal now streams through BubbleUPnP to the Mojo 2 successfully yay! thanks for the help with this problem, now I just have to see what its gonna be like day to day (tbh I know its gonna be hella annoying but lets see if the sound quality is high enough to be worth it).
Welcome to the complex world of Poly. :)

As miketlse has already commented most of this is probably contained in an FAQ somewhere. Do you have MConnect or BubbleUPNP installed on your phone?

To stream from Tidal you will need one or the other, I also strongly suggest you give Speedify a try too, it makes things so much more plug and play.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #18,191 of 18,943
Welcome to the complex world of Poly. :)

As miketlse has already commented most of this is probably contained in an FAQ somewhere. Do you have MConnect or BubbleUPNP installed on your phone?

To stream from Tidal you will need one or the other, I also strongly suggest you give Speedify a try too, it makes things so much more plug and play.
All this reminds me why I won't buy a Poly (or another mojo) until there's a new version which supports features such as Tidal Connect, as well as USB-C.

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #18,193 of 18,943

I have BubbleUPnP which is what im using now to stream, I will have a look at these other 2, Bubble is not bad, its interface while not exactly great is surprisingly workable (thought it would be awful) the main problem ive found with it is when I change network, so when I transition from home wifi to mobile data, it jumps to the next song or hangs or both.

All this reminds me why I won't buy a Poly (or another mojo) until there's a new version which supports features such as Tidal Connect, as well as USB-C
Well the Mojo 2 does have USB C, yes the Polys socket is micro USB but thats only for charging so its no biggie for me, the lack of Tidal connect is both surprising and annoying, chord make much of supporting Tidal & Qobuz, the audiophile streaming services. I can agree with you thats its something they should implement but to the point I wouldnt have bought the combo unit if I knew it didnt? ehh no, not really, the Chord Mojo 2/Poly has a rep of being more annoying to setup but in exchange you get superior sound quality versus any comparable DAC/AMP unit/DAP, to me so far its a small price to pay to get such quality from so small a unit.

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #18,194 of 18,943
Well my problem is pretty consistent. Both bubbleUPnP and Mconnect only show Poly as Renderer, no a server for the SD card.
Reboot, reinstall, reset do not work.
The MPD way using MALP work well.
I am trying to contact chord electronics for a solution.
Try to turn on poly first and wait until poly fully booted, then open the bubbleupnp app. It worked for me everytime i have this problem.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #18,195 of 18,943
It's amazing that in 2023, this thing still doesn't work like it should
They made some poor choices when conceiving it. Those poor choices have left them constrained. Plus it doesn’t help that they only update the firmware every two years or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back