CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #12,331 of 26,000
You mean thanks to Dave’s 17th order noise shaper, 20e pulse array, much more sophisticated and complex analog op, yea no ****. But I think the code remains identical. Also agree that I find the crossfeed function indispensable, even on the H2. Will audition the Dave vs the TT2 in London next mth and report back on the crossfeed function as well. One of them is coming back home w the HMS. Late to the party I know...

I look forward to your comparison of the 2. Been seriously considering investing in the Dave for some time now but the TT 2 has me intrigued. Will be interesting to see how it compares to its older brother. Also get the feeling a Dave 2 would not be too far in the horizon in the next couple of years.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #12,332 of 26,000
While we're at this (crossfeed topic), I am listening now to The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies. This is a very special, minimalistic recording made in one day, when the band gathered around a single mike in the Holy Trinity church in Toronto. They were utterly inspired that day and their music would be mesmerizing even listened through a tin can…

But, through DAVE / Abyss with the help of crossfeed, you are delivered with one of those really moving experiences, where all the gear and its underlying technology seem to disappear and you are left fully exposed not only to the music, but to the replay of an event, made of time, space, sound, living beings and their emotions and talent.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #12,333 of 26,000
While we're at this (crossfeed topic), I am listening now to The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies. This is a very special, minimalistic recording made in one day, when the band gathered around a single mike in the Holy Trinity church in Toronto. They were utterly inspired that day and their music would be mesmerizing even listened through a tin can…

But, through DAVE / Abyss with the help of crossfeed, you are delivered with one of those really moving experiences, where all the gear and its underlying technology seem to disappear and you are left fully exposed not only to the music, but to the replay of an event, made of time, space, sound, living beings and their emotions and talent.

A great recording. Do you have the original version or the Revisited one?

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #12,336 of 26,000
Recommended, I have both.

+1 great albums... normally after the 'Junkies' I put on a album by Cat Power (Jukebox), it hasn't got that 'chamber' feel of the Trinity-Sessions but it fits for late-night listening... think I'll listen to 'Over the Rhine -Good Dog, Bad Dog now... followed by the Junkies, life is good.

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #12,337 of 26,000
I think number one on that list costs a mere $89,000.
Are there any reviews yet comparing the Focal Utopia, HEKV2, HEKse and Final D8000? The only other consideration would be the STAX SR-009 but not sure I want to introduce a tube amp into the chain when using my CHORD DAVE. M-scaler with DAVE could be a game changer regarding these comparisons though!

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #12,338 of 26,000
I can't comment on valve v solid state but I prefer my Dave direct to the power amp. Also, pursuit perfect system have done a number of YouTube review videos and his final conclusion was the dave was better when used direct into power amp. On the other side of the argument my local dealer is adamant the dave sounds far meatier and superior when used with a quality pre amp. Like all of this stuff it's personal preference. One final thought though, if you look at the etude amp designed to get the best from the dave, chords words not mine, they obviously feel optimum set up is straight to power amp.
Perfect Pursuits review system includes the Luxman c700u preamp. Who knows if he had reached the same conclusion if he had used the TOTL c900u..

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #12,339 of 26,000
Perfect Pursuits review system includes the Luxman c700u preamp. Who knows if he had reached the same conclusion if he had used the TOTL c900u..

Well! My conventional speakers sounded like an electrostatic speakers when the Qutest paired with the c1000f.

If i could sell my pre-power at a reasonable price, I will go for HMS/TT2 directly -》speakers.

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #12,342 of 26,000
Hi Dave owners,

Are any of you aware when these new "digital amps" that have been spoken about will come out? I'm not even sure how a digital amp works. I'm considering the Etude, but might be better to wait? I have no clue.

Thanks for the help.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #12,343 of 26,000
Hi Dave owners,

Are any of you aware when these new "digital amps" that have been spoken about will come out? I'm not even sure how a digital amp works. I'm considering the Etude, but might be better to wait? I have no clue.

Thanks for the help.

Hi I believe that John Frank's posted earlier in this forum words to the effect that digital amps will be quite some time, I think the inference was a few years. I am also curious to try the etude, I have also been told that over the next year all of chords current range will move to the etude' s topology.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #12,344 of 26,000
Hi I believe that John Frank's posted earlier in this forum words to the effect that digital amps will be quite some time, I think the inference was a few years. I am also curious to try the etude, I have also been told that over the next year all of chords current range will move to the etude' s topology.

Neat. thanks for the reply :)

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #12,345 of 26,000
Hey guys would there be a reason for an iem to sound really bad through an adapter? It was an all metal fairly cheap adapter. I was using an Andromeda and it sounded atrocious for some reason. Like the highs and the lows were massively reduced. I remember reading a while back that could be related to the adapter being all metal and having contact with the chassis? Is there anything to that, does anyone have a good recommendation for 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter for DAVE?

It shouldn't be the DAVE, a Hugo 2 sounds fine with an Andro...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back