CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #25,351 of 25,932
I remember Mr Watts saying once his goal was always to beat the dCS Vivaldi
I've been reading Rob various threads here on Head Fi for several years, but I've never read anything like this, also because he has made it clear many times that no one else uses the same design method as him.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #25,355 of 25,932
I've been reading Rob various threads here on Head Fi for several years, but I've never read anything like this, also because he has made it clear many times that no one else uses the same design method as him.
Ive read alot of his posts and all i see is a honest genius persuing the sound of real life music to get ever deeper into that bliss.. taking us into that journey ..he doesnt see other brands as competitors.

The one thing he wants to beat is the tiniest distortions that impurify and deviate from the original signal that went into an ADC by having long ago reasoned what others didnt and still dont.. that the ear/brain needs alot more resolution than just the audio frequency response margin of digital.

But now slowly bumping into the limits of the analog signal that came from the recording gear. And perhaps the drivers that converts the electrons back to soundwaves.

I feel lucky im in his boat and hear it too

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #25,356 of 25,932
Ive read alot of his posts and all i see is a honest genius persuing the sound of real life music to get ever deeper into that bliss.. taking us into that journey ..he doesnt see other brands as competitors.

The one thing he wants to beat is the tiniest distortions that impurify and deviate from the original signal that went into an ADC by having long ago reasoned what others didnt and still dont.. that the ear/brain needs alot more resolution than just the audio frequency response margin of digital.

But now slowly bumping into the limits of the analog signal that came from the recording gear. And perhaps the drivers that converts the electrons back to soundwaves.

I feel lucky im in his boat and hear it too
I hear everything Rob describes, and I heard it before I even knew about him or what he says. Rob is the man.

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #25,357 of 25,932
Yes I always find it amusing when people start saying Rob Watts said… that are not substantiated.
People do realize Head-Fi has a search function, right?
You can type in your search term (dCS or Vivaldi) and then type in Rob Watts name and then see what he’s posted about the search term on Head-Fi.
That said, I probably have mis-remembered things that people have said. And posting on forums is not homework, so I guess that’s why people don’t do a search a priori.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #25,358 of 25,932
What fuse is used in the plug for the Dave (and M-Scaler as well if you happen to know).

I'll be selling my Dave and M-Scaler combo with Wave Storm dual BNC - bought in the UK but currently at my place in the EU (Prague), so I've been using EU power cables (kindly supplied free by Chord, which was nice of them) and of course I am now not sure which UK plugs originally came with the units...

Maybe someone in the EU would like to buy some or all of the setup - let me know if interested - but with other HiFi stuff I seem to have had a stronger response in the UK, so I'm thinking of leaving it all with my long-suffering mother in the UK to be shipped or collected rather than having import nonsense to deal with.

:thinking:

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #25,359 of 25,932
What fuse is used in the plug for the Dave (and M-Scaler as well if you happen to know).

I'll be selling my Dave and M-Scaler combo with Wave Storm dual BNC - bought in the UK but currently at my place in the EU (Prague), so I've been using EU power cables (kindly supplied free by Chord, which was nice of them) and of course I am now not sure which UK plugs originally came with the units...

Maybe someone in the EU would like to buy some or all of the setup - let me know if interested - but with other HiFi stuff I seem to have had a stronger response in the UK, so I'm thinking of leaving it all with my long-suffering mother in the UK to be shipped or collected rather than having import nonsense to deal with.

:thinking:

10 Amp IEC

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #25,362 of 25,932
Ok no need to get so worked up, I’m sure that I remember him saying when designing Dave he wanted to beat the measurements of Vivaldi.

If I find the video I’ll post it here
chair [e].gif

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #25,364 of 25,932

Users who are viewing this thread

Back