Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 8, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3,391 of 22,537
There have been three (I think) review tours organised.
No dealers can loan any hugo 2s at present, because none have yet shipped, but I expect that some dealers will agree to let you demo a Hugo 2 at home, if you contact them.
about the tour. Is there any united states tour? please YES!

May 8, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #3,392 of 22,537
about the tour. Is there any united states tour? please YES!

Click the link in my signature. Waiting for information when units will ship for the review.

May 8, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #3,394 of 22,537
Chord posted that there will be no official hugo 2 case, because the Hugo 1 case did not sell in sufficient numbers.
However in a recent (last few days) post, someone mentioned the name of a case, so maybe that is the one featured in the photo.

Section 6 of the Chord Hugo 2 Manual (see link above or Chord's website) recommends users to protect Hugo 2 using an official Chord leather case!

May 9, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #3,395 of 22,537
Section 6 of the Chord Hugo 2 Manual (see link above or Chord's website) recommends users to protect Hugo 2 using an official Chord leather case!

Good spot!

May 9, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #3,396 of 22,537
What is wrong with a few manly scratches, bruises and a few stitches, nothing that a bit of plastic surgery won't put right? :ksc75smile:

200.webp

May 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,397 of 22,537
My pre order is currently also due end of may. Fingers crossed!

Hope chord is not rushing the orders out to retailers and has done the Necessary quality checks.

Last thing I want is a mass return

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,398 of 22,537
Would it not be quicker to knock on chord headquarters, you might even see them make yours while your there, I'd certainly be cracking the whip,breathing in their ear,whispering the word "hurry up"!!!!!!!!!Do you think John Franks would let me in? I would love a tour of the chord factory?Maybe I could get fake I.D as one of What Hifi reviewers,spend a week there.Teach them T.P.M

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,399 of 22,537
Would it not be quicker to knock on chord headquarters, you might even see them make yours while your there, I'd certainly be cracking the whip,breathing in their ear,whispering the word "hurry up"!!!!!!!!!Do you think John Franks would let me in? I would love a tour of the chord factory?Maybe I could get fake I.D as one of What Hifi reviewers,spend a week there.Teach them T.P.M
You never know :)
I have been there before and i saw Mojo and Hugo being assembled.Very nice crew and high end equipment.
Hugo2 will be another huge success for Chord Electronics,i am positive about it.

May 9, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #3,400 of 22,537

"Tour" is hardly the word. When I visited the factory in Kent it was crammed with workdesks, people, cables, parts, shipments being packed or unpacked etc. Stepping your way through an obstacle course is more like it. No-one has time for more than the briefest "gidday".

May 9, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #3,402 of 22,537
Officially got my refund for Hugo2 today. I ain't mad, but I'll explain reasons for cancelling order nonetheless.

1) Vendor charged me full price for a "spot in line" and dates keep getting pushed. Should be first week April, sorry should be last week April, sorry early May, sorry mid May. Now it's should be end of May, but my guess is folks won't start seeing the Hugo2 until mid-June earliest. Hats off to Chord if they can get units in customer's hands within 30 days of ramping up production. When I heard that they had only just started production...I knew that any delivery in calendar month of May was long-shot.
2) I have no intention of taking the iPhone out of my mobile chain anytime soon. I'm in too deep. For me, its just too risky to buy a DAC that may or may not stay connected to one or all of my iDevices...you know like the one that's prominently featured in Hugo2's promo material. I realize this is Apple's problem and theirs to fix, but this for me this is a real deal-breaker Chord.

I guess I'll sit on the sidelines and see how things pan out. Good luck to the rest of yall!

May 9, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #3,403 of 22,537
Officially got my refund for Hugo2 today. I ain't mad, but I'll explain reasons for cancelling order nonetheless.

1) Vendor charged me full price for a "spot in line" and dates keep getting pushed. Should be first week April, sorry should be last week April, sorry early May, sorry mid May. Now it's should be end of May, but my guess is folks won't start seeing the Hugo2 until mid-June earliest. Hats off to Chord if they can get units in customer's hands within 30 days of ramping up production. When I heard that they had only just started production...I knew that any delivery in calendar month of May was long-shot.
2) I have no intention of taking the iPhone out of my mobile chain anytime soon. I'm in too deep. For me, its just too risky to buy a DAC that may or may not stay connected to one or all of my iDevices...you know like the one that's prominently featured in Hugo2's promo material. I realize this is Apple's problem and theirs to fix, but this for me this is a real deal-breaker Chord.

I guess I'll sit on the sidelines and see how things pan out. Good luck to the rest of yall!
Im sorry to hear that mate, hopefully one day you will own one and post your impressions.I just wonder if it's wise for a Hifi manufacturer to give dates,if I was John Franks I would just say I've got no release date and we are working on a time frame then when production is up and running then get it to the dealers and go on line that's it's now available

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #3,404 of 22,537
Actually i believe that giving a release day is even better.Show that the company cares and there is 100% transparency.The delay of delivery is not their fault i am sure and I rather wait a bit longer for a fully functional product rather then a rushed one.
Have patience people, this a very versatile product at home or on the road.

May 9, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #3,405 of 22,537
I am also a little frustrated at the delays but expect that the Hugo 2 will become my prime source component. I currently use a chord mojo with a microrendu and lps-1 power supply. I wasn't able to compare the Hugo 2 directly with my existing system as I only had 30 minutes at the UK headfi meet (luckily this was in a quiet room so not the worst conditions). My impressions from this short time were that H2 is a notable step up from the mojo, particularly on the edges of sound (sorry - I'm not good at describing sound) - e.g. listening to a guitar bring strummed and hearing the strings as a texture.

I talked to another headfier at the meet (sorry I don't remember his name) and we compared our impressions. He had a Hugo (original) at the meet and was doing a side by side comparison. We both ended up ordering the H2 as a result of this limited audition.

I hope my memory of Hugo 2 is fulfilled when it arrives. I know that it was a clear star of the meet for me and one or two others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back