Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 26, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #8,656 of 22,527
I would of bit on the middle-left one if it was waterproof ...

Waist-packs vary in functionality and quality. Traditional waist-packs are bulky and a pain:

Modern waist-packs are made of elastic material that stretches around the body, are thin and are easily concealable under a shirt.

I was surprised as anyone how functional a waist-pack with iPhone works versus an armband for active activities:

https://flipbelt.com/flipbelt

It's pretty great when your iPhone is not dangling all over the place while wearing shorts / beach shorts. Same with the H2.

Can walk with H2, waterproof and secured in place. It's a portable solution when you can't live without the H2.

I would just say keep an open mind. It's not 80s, 90s style waist-packs...

It does the job and does it well...

LOL!!!!!
Oh man, I needed a good laugh and I got it! Thanks LOL

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #8,658 of 22,527
Anyone attempted 8 Ohms DIY Wideband (Full Range) Speakers driven directly from Hugo? Looking into another way I can utilise the H2 that's a semi-cheap clean solution.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...canspeak-discovery-10f/8414g-10-4-full-range/

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/fullrange/

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/full-range-speaker-kits/

Go ahead and "attempt" it. You will learn something useful.

Why anyone would want to spend the amount of money the Hugo2 costs on a DAC, and then look for cheap solutions is kind of hard to fathom.

Oct 27, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #8,660 of 22,527
Does it come with a free can of "Bud" as well?
American Budweiser has built many such hairy and truly beautiful bellies.

This is why I switched to drinking wine only, still have my 10+ pack, although I haven't drank bud anything since high school, beer I was drinking was craft stuff from the USA.

How do compare HG2 vs CDM? I see that you already sold the CDM.

I'm going off memory here and I don't like doing that much but I'll take a shot. H2 has way better imaging and spacing within stage. CDM has a massive spacious stage as well but the clear segregation between sounds is less. CDM is obviously warmer, more intimate and often more emotional. H2 is more digital sounding and obviously colder in tone. CDM DAC can't come close to H2 DAC. I sold the CDM to fund the H2, I am however VERY interested in hearing the Wa8 and have already reached out to Woo for a demo unit(I love tube sound).

Do you guys think having a wireless charger near (3-4 inches away) the H2 is bad for it? I'm thinking that charging my S8+ wirelessly while it's connected to H2 would mean infinite battery life for both devices.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #8,661 of 22,527
This is why I switched to drinking wine only, still have my 10+ pack, although I haven't drank bud anything since high school, beer I was drinking was craft stuff from the USA.

I'm going off memory here and I don't like doing that much but I'll take a shot. H2 has way better imaging and spacing within stage. CDM has a massive spacious stage as well but the clear segregation between sounds is less. CDM is obviously warmer, more intimate and often more emotional. H2 is more digital sounding and obviously colder in tone. CDM DAC can't come close to H2 DAC. I sold the CDM to fund the H2, I am however VERY interested in hearing the Wa8 and have already reached out to Woo for a demo unit(I love tube sound).

Do you guys think having a wireless charger near (3-4 inches away) the H2 is bad for it? I'm thinking that charging my S8+ wirelessly while it's connected to H2 would mean infinite battery life for both devices.

Thank you for your impression about hg2 vs CDM.
Planning to demo HG2 and also attaching CDM and use as Dac and CDM as amp.
I guess no HG2 at this point.
Save some money for 2 subs for 2 channels setup laterm on.
Thanks again.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #8,663 of 22,527
Oct 27, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #8,664 of 22,527
Roon's 64 bit floating point parametric eq is excellent. I also like iTunes eq but you will have to adjust by ear being a graphic eq. A cool feature of iTunes that roon doesn't have is that you can apply an eq preset to individual songs automatically.

I found eq plugins for audirvana to be unreliable.

JRiver parametric eq also appears good but never tried it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #8,665 of 22,527
Roon's 64 bit floating point parametric eq is excellent. I also like iTunes eq but you will have to adjust by ear being a graphic eq. A cool feature of iTunes that roon doesn't have is that you can apply an eq preset to individual songs automatically.

I found eq plugins for audirvana to be unreliable.

JRiver parametric eq also appears good but never tried it.

Thanks,
I’ll give it a try.

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #8,666 of 22,527
Go ahead and "attempt" it. You will learn something useful.

Why anyone would want to spend the amount of money the Hugo2 costs on a DAC, and then look for cheap solutions is kind of hard to fathom.
I agree with @Hooster here.
Having read the posts about the DAVE direct driving speakers, I am intrigued by the thought of DIY desktop speakers based on these drivers http://www.voxativ.com/en/fullrange-drivers/ac-16/, but they are much more expensive, so would need a very carefully thought out cabinet design before starting to seriously consider such a project in more depth.

Oct 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #8,667 of 22,527
Can anyone recommend a equalizer app for Mac?

I'm using Audirvana but I would like to be ask eta adjust the eq.
Are you asking this for the LCD-i4? (I deduct this from the LCD-i4 thread.. )

Audeze will release soon a REVEAL plugin that supports AU (Audio Units), VST and AAX.
Audirvana+ supports AU plugins (Preferences -> AudioUnits) so you will soon be able to use their presets (which I imagine should be very similar if not identical to the Roon implementation from a user point of view).

Source: DARKo (scroll down to the end ..or you can just read from top to bottom, John is always a good read :) )

Oct 28, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #8,668 of 22,527
Quick compare of Mojo vs H2: Wow. Kind of taken aback as right out of the box my music has been transformed. Really. Hearing details I never knew were inclusive to these pieces. Micro detail just abounds and treble region seems much more sparkly and present. Not sibilant by any means but just really present. Definitely do not want to change the filtering options at all. Beautiful bass and mids (listening on Audeze LCDi4) with incredible detail and air plus instrumental placement within the stage. Not dissing the Mojo at all but the H2 is a whole other level. Synergy of the H2 with i4 is omniscient; quite the musical experience. Really incredible...

Oct 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #8,669 of 22,527
Listening to this Hugo 2 through Utopias. Wow. Not something I would normally listen to, but it’s simply stunning.

72FF2AE1-5215-4F71-BCA1-78316066E6BC.png

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #8,670 of 22,527
Darn it the only real problem with the H2 is I find myself constantly stopping what I am doing to just listen to the music. Can't help but to drift into critical listening as these details are forthcoming and it is really mind blowing... Hugo2 and LCDi4 such a sick combo really just over the top. Dissecting the layers and individual instruments in real time running tracks in my mind what a trip. Sublime!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back