Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
May 19, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,442 of 6,757
I thought Qutest was going to have all around native DSD support. So far Synology drivers don't exist so using DoP.

May 19, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #1,444 of 6,757
May 20, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,448 of 6,757
I've experimented a little more with the output voltage, switching between 1v, 2v and 3 volts. The differences on my PrimaLuna tube amp are very small. I think I lose some top end detail and extension with the output set to 1 volt compared to 3 volt, but that's about it. 1 volt doesn't sound thin or bright, the overall sound signature stays the same. The output voltage also doesn't seem to significantly affect how loud the music sounds at a certain volume level on my amp, 1v sounds about as loud as 3v on my system, not exactly what I expected. Since the differences are so small and I can't hear any distortion or use more of the available range on my volume knob, I think it makes sense to use the strongest available output signal. Obviously this is amp dependend, but this works well for me.

May 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,449 of 6,757
I've experimented a little more with the output voltage, switching between 1v, 2v and 3 volts. The differences on my PrimaLuna tube amp are very small. I think I lose some top end detail and extension with the output set to 1 volt compared to 3 volt, but that's about it. 1 volt doesn't sound thin or bright, the overall sound signature stays the same. The output voltage also doesn't seem to significantly affect how loud the music sounds at a certain volume level on my amp, 1v sounds about as loud as 3v on my system, not exactly what I expected. Since the differences are so small and I can't hear any distortion or use more of the available range on my volume knob, I think it makes sense to use the strongest available output signal. Obviously this is amp dependend, but this works well for me.
You have adopted the right approach.
On this thread, owners can post their suggestions as to which voltage to select, but ultimately the qutest owner has the opportunity to test each voltage, and identify which setting works best. :slight_smile:

May 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,451 of 6,757
[QUOTE = "PanusKatus, postagem: 14252226, membro: 467129"] Seja um membro do Reino Unido quando estiver interessado, meu Qutest estará à venda no eBay. Considerarei ofertas realistas para uma venda rápida

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,454 of 6,757
It supports native DSD via the ASIO driver (up to and including DSD 512) and DoP up to and including DSD 256. I don't know the situation re Linux...

What platforms are the driver available for? I have a Synology server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back