Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #1,186 of 6,744
Unfortunately,...it is not my opinion only....

it is full of pages about this .... in this forum also...

It is a tradition of Chord that is perpetuated on this type of product .... see Qute HD ... 2Qute .... and Qutest also.

for the price at which Qutest is sold, it is an indecency a 2 cents power supply.:unamused:

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #1,187 of 6,744
A lot of people in the internet write different kind of bull...
I don't believe. I check by myself.
I bought MRCU linear power supply for my 2qute.
I gave it 200 hours for burn-in. I listened after that.
Near perfect tonal balance with switched Chord power supply was disapire.
I got glass ringing upper midrange and emphased mid-bass. The sound become odd and unmusical. I sold this linear power supply by half of the price I paid for it.
Yes, I believe some other linear power supplies may sound great with 2qute. But I don’t want to try. I’m happy with a cheap switched power supply supplied by Chord.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #1,189 of 6,744
Same here, very much looking forward to hearing how the Qutest sounds with my KEF LS50 wireless speakers.

Once you get it, give it a good few hours/days of playing to settle down. Two months since I got mine, it is sounding super.

LS50s image well to start with so I would expect the Qutest will take it to the next level.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,192 of 6,744
Differences of sounding between the Cutest in its warmer fikter and the Mojo?

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,194 of 6,744
Chord is going to be at Axpona this weekend so I am planning on stopping by their room to see if I can get any information about shipping the Qutest to NA.
I am also in the pre-order list.....

Were you able to get any insight?

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,195 of 6,744
Were you able to get any insight?
I couldn’t talk to them but I saw Drew and he confirmed the issue is not just for NA. Production is halted due to an issue with the chassis sub-contator. A batch made had an issue and had to be scrapped. He is expecting them in 3 to 4 weeks.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #1,196 of 6,744
I find it strange that people want the Qutest to be a one box solution when they personally own a preamp and a power amp instead of an integrated... I don't understand why the Qutest should have a volume control when it is meant to be used in a main/desktop system where there will be an integrated or a preamp to control the volume and 99% of the time there would be a remote as well to be able to do it.. If used with headphones, there is a Hugo 2 which is exactly the same as the Qutest...

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #1,197 of 6,744
I find it strange that people want the Qutest to be a one box solution when they personally own a preamp and a power amp instead of an integrated... I don't understand why the Qutest should have a volume control when it is meant to be used in a main/desktop system where there will be an integrated or a preamp to control the volume and 99% of the time there would be a remote as well to be able to do it.. If used with headphones, there is a Hugo 2 which is exactly the same as the Qutest...
One word... Cheapskate

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #1,198 of 6,744
One word... Cheapskate
My HiFi system has had but a single source for 30 years. I do not need a preamp to switch between sources. I have always used a passive preamp as a volume control but prefer the shorter signal path and reduced set of analogue interconnect cables that a volume control in the DAC would bring. A Hugo2 has this volume control but I don't need the headphone element or the battery element.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #1,200 of 6,744
My HiFi system has had but a single source for 30 years. I do not need a preamp to switch between sources. I have always used a passive preamp as a volume control but prefer the shorter signal path and reduced set of analogue interconnect cables that a volume control in the DAC would bring. A Hugo2 has this volume control but I don't need the headphone element or the battery element.

If that's the case, do keep a lookout for the update for TT. I'm pretty sure the Chord guys will be updating the TT soon after Hugo 2 & Qutest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back