Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,636 of 1,671
Well time to ring in a new year for TT users cranking out 8 years now, or less. How’s it going? Mine doing great. The only thing I noticed was that my fixed line out, hitting the right button while powering up doesn’t work. So I now turn the power ball to the right blue color to match fixed line out power. Frankly I always had to tweak it up a little to maximize output without saturation. Other than that, still tickidy boo. Still can’t consider any change from the setup I have used for the last years… how about the old school TT community?

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,637 of 1,671
Well time to ring in a new year for TT users cranking out 8 years now, or less. How’s it going? Mine doing great. The only thing I noticed was that my fixed line out, hitting the right button while powering up doesn’t work. So I now turn the power ball to the right blue color to match fixed line out power. Frankly I always had to tweak it up a little to maximize output without saturation. Other than that, still tickidy boo. Still can’t consider any change from the setup I have used for the last years… how about the old school TT community?
My TT gets daily use. It sits on my night stand fed by a usbridge with just boom optical hat. Wonderfull sound. I did open it to clean the looking glass. No chance of selling it for me.

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #1,638 of 1,671
My TT gets daily use. It sits on my night stand fed by a usbridge with just boom optical hat. Wonderfull sound. I did open it to clean the looking glass. No chance of selling it for me.
I bought mine from a seller on head-fi when it was just about six years old. I got new batteries fitted to be on the safe side and have never looked back. Really excellent piece of kit. No signs of any problems and I'm sure it sounds just as good if not better than when it came off the factory floor in 2016.😀

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,640 of 1,671
very reassuring for tt2 owners who have run out of cash for hobby..lol

May 4, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #1,642 of 1,671

You got a new dog, Dawg ?

If so, cool

May 4, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #1,643 of 1,671
Wrong forum delete prease.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,644 of 1,671
My impression is that many of the posters from the early Chord threads have moved on. Having said that there do seem to be several posters who are loyal to the TT - that may be for legitimate reasons that they such as like the music delivery.

May 31, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,645 of 1,671
It is 2023 May 31 and I received my second hand Chord Hugo TT. At the moment I have Chord Dave, and previously owner/listened : Mojo, Hugo 2, Qutest, TT2 solo and with M Scaler, Mojo2.

What I can say, is wow , how good Hugo TT sounds. It is warm , organic, with good bass, very good vocals, sirupy caramel mids and sound. Sound stage is huge also. Very musical presentation. I'm not sure if I prefer Dave, or Hugo TT, but those are best Chord DACS to this date. Hugo TT and Dave.

May 31, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #1,646 of 1,671
TT was chords sweet spot for musicality and price point.

May 31, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #1,647 of 1,671
I did a/b test dave vs tt2 m scaler at local audio store and I prefer tt2 combo than dave, the dave is just a little more details and transparent but the tt2 is warmer smoother and more musical. Tt2 soundstage and dave is close not a big gap.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,648 of 1,671
One thing that may be overlooked with the TT is that it can be run from it’s batteries. This eliminates the power supply controversy of the Dave and TT2. It is a great sounding dac and headphone amplifier.

Oct 10, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #1,649 of 1,671
Just picked up a TT for headphone and as a preamp for tube amps. Had a TT2 that wasn't getting much use, so I sold it to get funds for a pair of ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers.

I missed the Chord sound, so picked up a TT to get some of that back. The write ups on the TT sound appears to be right up my alley.

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,650 of 1,671
I read an article on the mojo2 being more transparent than the dave. To test it’s transparency I replaced the TT1 in my bedside setup with the mojo 2. hqplayer>usbridge>src-dx>coax to tt and now to mojo2. While the mojo2 had more forward mids and a bit more detail in the treble it could not come close to the bass definition and analog? sounding mids of the TT1. The mojo 2 is back with the poly. The TT1 is the jewel in the chord rough. imho of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back