Chord Hugo
Mar 25, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,246 of 15,694
Thanks for posting this very useful info. 
L3000.gif

Quote:
  Good news for those irritated by recessed and cramped inputs/outputs.  The Kimber Kable Illuminations D60 coax rca cable fits perfectly and secure in the Chord Hugo, as do the Herron RCA cables (RCA outputs), and Moon Audio's micro usb cables (blue dragon and silver dragon, starting at lengths as short as 6 inches) fit perfectly into the USB inputs...and all these made in America.  And another workaround for the RCA connections (thank you ALO audio) is to buy a locking RCA cable, and simply remove the locking cap by unscrewing it and removing it.  I have a pair of analysis plus cables that fit perfectly like this.  I'd prefer to have recessed (protection) and small cutouts (less stuff can get inside), so glad to have these cables that work.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,248 of 15,694
Let's face it, it's just a silly little silver box with electronics in it, not like it's gonna change my life is it?I been without it for 41 years and I've survived so what's the big deal

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #1,249 of 15,694
Chord have blocked my no so can't ring them anymore, at least we were on first name terms and not many ppl can say that

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,250 of 15,694
I'll get the rest of the family to take it in turns to ring up pretending they bought one and see if they have better luck speeding up production, if not I might call at the factory

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,251 of 15,694
Stone Audio are legendary for not having things in stock
a google search will tell you more about them.

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,255 of 15,694
Lol extreme measures

Phil if I cancelled my order and got the old chassis from you will I get it for the 1200 quid original price, stone audio have already taken the money from my card, thought they only take the money once the product is ready to be sent?

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #1,256 of 15,694
Toshiba is coming out with an interesting wireless adapter to make any HDD into a wireless storage device just like Seagate's Wireless Plus. Good for expanding storage and streaming music to your iDevices acting as transport to Hugo. The adapter is very small just measuring
 48 x 63.5 x 10mm and weighs 24g. Then you can hook it up to a 1.8" 256GB SSD e.g. the Transcend ESD200 that measures just 92 x 62 x 10.5mm and weighs 56g and the entire setup is smaller than the Wireless Plus and at half the weight. Instead of stacking the adapter and the SSD, you can also hook it up side-by-side and it then becomes half in thickness too. Similar footprint as Wireless Plus but at half its thickness and weight.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #1,257 of 15,694
Phil if I cancelled my order and got the old chassis from you will I get it for the 1200 quid original price, stone audio have already taken the money from my card, thought they only take the money once the product is ready to be sent?

Heya, I wish I could but my hands are tied by my boss with that one! Obviously we do have stock of the original chassis and I have seen the new chassis and the differences are not that big. The stereo RCA holes have been made slightly bigger but if you don't need it connected to a HiFi then there would be no difference.

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,259 of 15,694
I am pretty sure the old stock will be discounted as naturally most people will choose the new ones. Although, I have a feeling that the delay with the new chassis has nothing to do with production but more with Chord's need to shift as many as possible from the old stock out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back