Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #39,961 of 42,782
I have only limited experience with Samsung Sn mobiles and it is great. I am using Fiio OTG cable with it. Overall it is great DAC/AMP. Can't tell you how it works with iOS based devices. Treat Xduoo as possible next step in SQ in your setup.
I have fiio OTG cable also android phone
So sound is gonna be good as dap+mojo?

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #39,962 of 42,782
I have fiio OTG cable also android phone
So sound is gonna be good as dap+mojo?
It is always a matter of taste, but I never had any issues and I think sound is great for such small & mobile setup. I've been using it with Tidal both: online and offline. Remember about headphones as those can have dramatic impact on the final SQ. While not very compact Audioquest NightOwls Carbon (some prefer NighHawks) are great IMHO but I've been using Mojo with different IEMs too and sound is still great.

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #39,963 of 42,782
Mar 9, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #39,964 of 42,782
It is always a matter of taste, but I never had any issues and I think sound is great for such small & mobile setup. I've been using it with Tidal both: online and offline. Remember about headphones as those can have dramatic impact on the final SQ. While not very compact Audioquest NightOwls Carbon (some prefer NighHawks) are great IMHO but I've been using Mojo with different IEMs too and sound is still great.
Thanks man :pray:

Mar 11, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #39,967 of 42,782
I know that plenty of questions have been asked about running the Mojo as a desktop amp and how to best prolong the battery life in that case.

Here is a different question: If I want to run the Mojo as a desktop amp (at work), hence permanently plugged in and off whenever not running, would it benefit the life of the components if I just uninstall the battery? In other words, will the unit get less hot if the battery is removed/disconnected and therefore live a longer life? For this question let's assume that I do not care about the warranty loss on removing the battery.

Mar 11, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #39,968 of 42,782
I know that plenty of questions have been asked about running the Mojo as a desktop amp and how to best prolong the battery life in that case.

Here is a different question: If I want to run the Mojo as a desktop amp (at work), hence permanently plugged in and off whenever not running, would it benefit the life of the components if I just uninstall the battery? In other words, will the unit get less hot if the battery is removed/disconnected and therefore live a longer life? For this question let's assume that I do not care about the warranty loss on removing the battery.

I think the battery charging generates significant heat, as does the FPGA. It you remove the battery, I think you will get marginal life increase, but for always plugged in use, removing the battery is probably better if it works for you, with all the warranty caveats. The circuitry probably is less impacted by the heat, but removing the battery means it won’t fail, swell, leak, etc. from being over charged.

Mar 11, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #39,969 of 42,782

This has been discussed quite extensively in this thread already.

Mar 17, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #39,971 of 42,782
I have weird problem, connecting TempoTech V1 using coax cable in the link below, even thought signal is passed correctly sound does not come out of Mojo. I can say signal is passed because the color keeps changes in Mojo when I play low res or high res files. Some time is red and high res files glow green.

With USB connection it works fine, what could be an issue?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968590199.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.12394c4dA4nieZ

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #39,972 of 42,782
I have weird problem, connecting TempoTech V1 using coax cable in the link below, even thought signal is passed correctly sound does not come out of Mojo. I can say signal is passed because the color keeps changes in Mojo when I play low res or high res files. Some time is red and high res files glow green.

With USB connection it works fine, what could be an issue?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968590199.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.12394c4dA4nieZ
  1. Do you have both the usb and coax cables connected at the same time? if yes, then the Mojo will autoselect the usb input, even though the music is entering the coax input.
  2. Otherwise maybe your coax plugs are the wrong type. What phone/dap/etc are you using as your source?

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #39,973 of 42,782
No I removed USB cable, only coax cable is connected.

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #39,974 of 42,782
Anyone compared USB and COAX on Mojo?

If USB is better then I will continue USB and stop bothering about COAX

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #39,975 of 42,782
Anyone compared USB and COAX on Mojo?

If USB is better then I will continue USB and stop bothering about COAX

There is no consensus amongst owners.
Rob Watts designed the Mojo inputs, with the aim of enabling them to all sound identical (see post #3).

"The reasons why sources and digital interconnects sound different are well understood - see some of my posts. In a nutshell it is not jitter (all my DACs are source jitter intolerant) but down to RF noise and distorted currents from the source flowing into the DAC's ground plane. The RF noise inter-modulates with the analogue electronics, creating random noise as a by product, which creates noise floor modulation, and that makes it sound brighter or harder. The correlated or distorted currents very subtly add or subtract to small signals, thus changing the fundamental linearity, which in turn mucks up depth perception.

But I also agree in that lots of people hear changes that are not there - I for one have never heard any difference with optical cables (assuming all are bit perfect) with my DAC's, but lots of folks claim big differences. Placebo, or listening with your wallet, plays a part here. Then there are cases of people preferring more distortion... Listening tests must be done in a very controlled and careful fashion, particularly if you are trying to design and develop things."

I prefer optical to usb, because my sources generate enough electrical noise, to make usb sound slightly brighter.
Other owners prefer usb or coaxial.
A lot depends on the source (phone, PC, laptop, dap etc) that you prefer using, and whether it generates little or no electrical noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back