Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 10, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #8,701 of 10,857
if he does it blind he won't be able to see what he's doing lol

I agree though and should let some one do it for him while closes his eyes to listen
Yes, I meant that, let someone change the brightness silently while he listening, do not need to close his eyes, just look at another view :D

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #8,702 of 10,857
I just do a a/b test but did not do a blind test. My headphone was a 6xx and it was very obvious since it is a warm headphone and very sensitive to highs changes.
I think you can try an audio file (or in youtube) that plays only highs frequency (pure, not the music), and then you can try A/B again

Aug 10, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #8,703 of 10,857
I think you can try an audio file (or in youtube) that plays only highs frequency (pure, not the music), and then you can try A/B again
I did not hear any different when replacing the 6xx with Grado rs1 which had strong character. I guess the 6xx is more revealing. I will use the mojo2 with dim buttons for more time and see what happen. I have been using the default brightness from day 1.

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #8,705 of 10,857
Aug 12, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #8,710 of 10,857
Is this the amp to beat at the current price? Any competitors around the €450-500 level because that's what I can find this at. Thanks.
The DAC is one of the class leaders at the price. The amp is pretty good, but not sure if I would prefer the amp over €500 amps if one already has a good DAC that is equal to or better than the mojo. It is a portable solution that is able to compete with desktop dac+amp combos a bit above it's price, but I do find that high quality desktop amps will improve sound with better driver control, dynamics, more headroom etc.

Best way to find out is to try for yourself, either by going to a store with a healthy amount of head-fi gear or ordering from a company with 14 day or more return policy.

Aug 12, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #8,711 of 10,857
Selling my mojo 2 + poly in the classifieds if anyone is interested (uk only)

Aug 13, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #8,713 of 10,857
how do i set the mojo 2 for desktop use?
Just keep it plugged in a charger. That’s all to it (battery protection will avoid overcharging it).

Aug 14, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #8,714 of 10,857
Please what battery life are folk finding with their Mojo 2?

In the past I found Chord's quoted battery life as accurate, with Mojo and Hugo2. Mojo was eight hours fifteen minutes when new. Hugo 2 was eight hours ten minutes.

Mojo 2 quoted as up to eight hours by Chord - is this just as accurate?
Just that with the tap filter in the Mojo 2 compared to Mojo doubling. I wondered if battery life is the same.

I think battery life is affected by bit rate and volume. I am thinking 44.1 16bit CD quality. Volume being approximately about where the volume light comes on to say in the next cycle of colours.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #8,715 of 10,857
Please what battery life are folk finding with their Mojo 2?

In the past I found Chord's quoted battery life as accurate, with Mojo and Hugo2. Mojo was eight hours fifteen minutes when new. Hugo 2 was eight hours ten minutes.

Mojo 2 quoted as up to eight hours by Chord - is this just as accurate?
Just that with the tap filter in the Mojo 2 compared to Mojo doubling, I wondered if bettery life is still good.
M2 battery is good enough for me, I ran from a full battery for 7 hours continuously and the device is still in the red light, so I think 8 hours is feasible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back