Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 16, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #9,181 of 10,857
There’s no “maybe” to that, lights take power, no lights require less power. The internet is such a weird place.

I think it was pretty obvious the comment was meant as:

"Yes that may be the case but only the user can decide if ....... "

not:

"Maybe an LED that is off uses less power than one that is on"

The internet is indeed a weird place at times.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #9,183 of 10,857
Still Weird.
The Poly always turned the light off when “off” but off was always still slightly awake to listen for the Mojo power on signal, which turned a poly fully on. It wasn’t listening for Bluetooth or WiFi, just the Mojo on voltage signal. It was a bit too clever a design choice. In hindsight, I’m sure a traditional on/off switch would have been more reliable and better for battery. That is one thing they can implement in Poly2, if there is one.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #9,184 of 10,857
The Poly always turned the light off when “off” but off was always still slightly awake to listen for the Mojo power on signal, which turned a poly fully on. It wasn’t listening for Bluetooth or WiFi, just the Mojo on voltage signal. It was a bit too clever a design choice. In hindsight, I’m sure a traditional on/off switch would have been more reliable and better for battery. That is one thing they can implement in Poly2, if there is one.
I hope there is no Poly2. Mojo3 should have wireless built in.

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #9,185 of 10,857
If the Poly is not connected to a Mojo, does that mean it is completely off (i.e. not listening for any signal)? That's been my understanding. When I'm not using them, I also disconnect them. My Poly doesn't seem to lose battery strength when I reconnect them for use.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #9,186 of 10,857
If the Poly is not connected to a Mojo, does that mean it is completely off (i.e. not listening for any signal)? That's been my understanding. When I'm not using them, I also disconnect them. My Poly doesn't seem to lose battery strength when I reconnect them for use.
I don’t think so. How would the Poly know if it was connected or not when Mojo is off? It would always have to be checking for a voltage signal. Whether connected to anything or not.

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #9,187 of 10,857
1700310703857.png

1700310866721.png

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/chord-mojo-2

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #9,188 of 10,857
Hi everyone, this is my inaugural post, and I’m pleased for it to be about my joining the Mojo2 ranks as of the last 5 or so weeks. To say I am [utterly] blown away by this little black box would be an understatement but you can comfortably refer to me as a Chord convert. Separately, adding in the EQ was a stroke of genius; well done that man!

It currently gets daily use on my train commute stacked against my iphone11 pro where it performs flawlessly. I had some minor static burst issues at the start but switching usb-c to lighting cable brands cleared that up completely. I cannot get enough of listening to it and my music library has just exploded.

Will post my detailed thoughts on it after a bit more listening, but really, just WOW.

Cheers all

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #9,189 of 10,857
Hi everyone, this is my inaugural post
Your like to post ratio is 4:1 - That's pretty good. I would stop posting there if I were you :)

Glad you like the mojo. People can debate whether they can hear differences between source gear, but good quality EQ is something which really adds value.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #9,191 of 10,857
Could someone please recommend me a decent usbc to usbc cable for mojo 2.I have been using ugreen usbc to usbc cables two of them and start to have problems: stuttering noise and than white noise, what should be the problem?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #9,192 of 10,857
Could someone please recommend me a decent usbc to usbc cable for mojo 2.I have been using ugreen usbc to usbc cables two of them and start to have problems: stuttering noise and than white noise, what should be the problem?
What's your source and OS? Those noise possibly from your system in stead of your cable.

Everyone may be different, but I have tried 10+ different cables without any luck. Once I made some change to my sampling settings, I rarely got any noise even with the most crappy cable.

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #9,193 of 10,857
What's your source and OS? Those noise possibly from your system in stead of your cable.

Everyone may be different, but I have tried 10+ different cables without any luck. Once I made some change to my sampling settings, I rarely got any noise even with the most crappy cable.
Both ios and android when i change Ugreen cables it sounds ok, but i want to make sure if its because of Ugreen brand or i am in bad luck because they are very good cables othervise, any brands good with audio especially?

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #9,194 of 10,857
Both ios and android when i change Ugreen cables it sounds ok, but i want to make sure if its because of Ugreen brand or i am in bad luck because they are very good cables othervise, any brands good with audio especially?
I've used DD-HiFi cables, and other items, with no problems.

Nov 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #9,195 of 10,857
ddHifi for shorter cables (<1 foot) or lightning cables for longer runs. I'm using an amazon basics lightning cable currently. I've never had white noise issues with Mojo 2 using the above. I use the mojo 2 on MacOS, android, and iOS. No issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back