Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 9, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #9,556 of 10,895
I'm kinda nervous about trying to bend the hinge myself. The previous owner said he never really used the optical port since he was mostly using the Mojo with the Poly. I guess the Poly might've been plugged in too hard or something, causing this damage.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion! I'll see if I can find a local company here in Canada to handle the repair, but if things don't work out, I'll reach out to Rick.

Yeah, I'm worried that the whole port might need to be replaced.
The Sound Organisation are Chords north american distributor, so should know all the approved dealers and technical centres.
You could also email support@chordelectronics.co.uk if you want to clarify with them if trying to bend the hinge could void your warranty.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #9,557 of 10,895
No not a typo - it's just that some headphones are said to sound better with external headphone amps, in spite of the fact that Mojo 2/Hugo 2 can easily drive those headphones to ear splitting levels as they are in fact easy to drive.

I know that you are someone who strives for accuracy and vanishingly low distortions but I think in those situations people might like additional flavouring that external device might bring to the table whether the headphone/speaker needs more power or not.

Personally I don’t chase the perfect SINAD or “as the artist intended” dragon, if it sounds good to my ears that’s all that matters and going back to your previous comment, it might be why people prefer poorer measuring headphones, they could find those distortions as more pleasing.

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #9,558 of 10,895
Hello iam looking for help with my 5 month old Mojo 2 . All of sudden i cannot turn it on on battery mode. When i plug power cable , Mojo automatically turn on into desktop mode, when i unplug power cable, it instantly turnoff. Tried to keep it on charger over night but ball was purple all the time while off. So i wonder , its some rare software bug or ? It seems like my Mojo is stuck at desktop mode ( working normally but only with charging cable).

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #9,559 of 10,895
Hello iam looking for help with my 5 month old Mojo 2 . All of sudden i cannot turn it on on battery mode. When i plug power cable , Mojo automatically bootup into desktop mode, when i unplug power cable, it instantly turnoff. Tried to keep it on charger over night but ball was purple all the time while off. So i wonder , its some rare software bug or ?
email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they advise/suggest.

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #9,560 of 10,895
Hello iam looking for help with my 5 month old Mojo 2 . All of sudden i cannot turn it on on battery mode. When i plug power cable , Mojo automatically turn on into desktop mode, when i unplug power cable, it instantly turnoff. Tried to keep it on charger over night but ball was purple all the time while off. So i wonder , its some rare software bug or ? It seems like my Mojo is stuck at desktop mode ( working normally but only with charging cable).
Could the battery connection have come undone? Opening it would tell you.

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #9,562 of 10,895
if I use the focal 2022 how do I use the low gain? because when notice that I do use the low gain the sound is too weak. it's supposed to be like that? I see it white then goes white again, I keep it on the green side. which is loud enough

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #9,563 of 10,895
if I use the focal 2022 how do I use the low gain? because when notice that I do use the low gain the sound is too weak. it's supposed to be like that? I see it white then goes white again, I keep it on the green side. which is loud enough
Mojo doesn't have low or high gain, it has one continuous volume scale and when above 50% the button turns white, to warn IEM users or just general indication

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #9,564 of 10,895

There is no low or high gain just a wide range of volume settings and a rainbow of colours to indicate where you are at in that range.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #9,565 of 10,895
Is there a "native" way to control Mojo 2's volume using the volume keys on a Mac?

I managed to get that working via SoundSource's "Force software volume control" options together with the "Super volume keys" options, but I was wondering if there was a macOS native way (or supported by Chord) to do that.

If there's no native way, any idea what is the reason for that?

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #9,566 of 10,895
did you ever had chance to try many DACs and you didn't notice a difference? i had gsx1000 with the mayflower amp, I hear a bit difference but I am not sure if it's the headphones or not, I mean I lost some feel of soundstage from hd800s but I don't know if I hear things or feel things I haven't before.

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #9,567 of 10,895
Is there a "native" way to control Mojo 2's volume using the volume keys on a Mac?

I managed to get that working via SoundSource's "Force software volume control" options together with the "Super volume keys" options, but I was wondering if there was a macOS native way (or supported by Chord) to do that.

If there's no native way, any idea what is the reason for that?
You will loose resolution if you mess with the volume of the input signal in software.

The Mojo's have a "lossless" volume control working in the digital domain, AFAIK it can only be controlled via the buttons. You could design a "button presser" addon using something like a Raspberry Pi, a couple of solenoid's and some programming in Python. :)

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #9,568 of 10,895
You will loose resolution if you mess with the volume of the input signal in software.

The Mojo's have a "lossless" volume control working in the digital domain, AFAIK it can only be controlled via the buttons. You could design a "button presser" addon using something like a Raspberry Pi, a couple of solenoid's and some programming in Python. :)
Does that mean that EQ done in software will also impact quality unfavourably?

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #9,570 of 10,895
Does that mean that EQ done in software will also impact quality unfavourably?
Both volume and EQ can impact the sound quality unfavorably. If it is noticeable depends on the precision of the implementation. Volume mostly changes the amplitude of the samples and -6 db is technically reducing by 1 bit, bit proper implementation will be more complex. EQ must change a lot of samples due to a frequency like 50 hz being spread over 1/50 of a second so you need to modify a lot of samples to change the level of that frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back