Clear Tune Monitors' line of Premium Cables is officially available
Jul 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #19 of 54
Are these cables any different other than 5-10 times the price of 20$ chifi cables from China ?

I had some issues with no-brand cables from China and even from Europe, where the product I received wasn't quite that good physically, had some misalinged stuff, lost signal in one ear, and without a good warranty, like CTM has, I would had had to pay more for the shipping of the cable to get a working one, so I do recommend getting higher quality cables from a reputable seller, for the sake of being in peace and in having a good experience.

To be honest, the difference cables make in sound is still argued about, but looking at your signature, you probably have other components to upgrade before upgrading cables, to get a better listening experience.

Since results about the cables can be complicated to measure and quantify, I generally recommend upgrade for portability, ergonomics, aesthetics and just lastly for sonics, and only where I can confirm that there is a difference in sonics.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #20 of 54
Very unique pricing structure and - at least monetarily - looks to be very strong competition to other companies, especially other 8 wire options like from EA. This really puts a wrench into my Eros 8W plan since reading Nic's Phantom EA 8W shootout :thinking:
Looking forward to some impressions, hopefully 8W versions against EA counterparts:fingers_crossed:on Phantoms:fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed:with DX208:fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed:May as well shoot high...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 54
Very unique pricing structure and - at least monetarily - looks to be very strong competition to other companies, especially other 8 wire options like from EA. This really puts a wrench into my Eros 8W plan since reading Nic's Phantom EA 8W shootout :thinking:
Looking forward to some impressions, hopefully 8W versions against EA counterparts :fingers_crossed:on Phantoms :fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed:with DX208 :fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed: May as well shoot high...
Yes, I agree with you > these look very promising indeed.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #24 of 54
Cables look really nice. Any chance we may see a review or two of the line-up to see how they compare to other cables out there? The pricing seems right and not over inflated like some cable manufacturers do. Also, will they fit iems w/ recessed sockets?

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 54
I see that one has to register before going beyond the main page. Do these cables only come with 2-pin IEM connectors? Are there, or will there be, more options for IEM connections? I'm looking for specific MMCX (AKG N5005 compatible), MMCX (Etymotic ER series compatible), and Sony EX1000 connections. Also curious about potential microphonics and any options for sleeving if needed.

Prices seem reaonable so of course interest is piqued when a new cable player comes onto the scene.

Sorry you got the wrong impression about our website, actually you can pretty much navigate the whole site without registering. Registration is only required for purchase, thus when you add an item to your cart, you need to be logged in or create an account at that moment.

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #26 of 54
Sorry you got the wrong impression about our website, actually you can pretty much navigate the whole site without registering. Registration is only required for purchase, thus when you add an item to your cart, you need to be logged in or create an account at that moment.
Okay thanks. That was what I was trying to do to see if more options came up for customization. So the only option at this time are 2-pin IEM connectons? Are there plans to offer more IEM compatibility?

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #27 of 54
Are the cables litz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back