Cleer Announces NEXT, IE Sports and BT Speaker @ CES 2017
Jan 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

AxelCloris

Head-Fi TV Producer and Presenter
Administrator
Cleer has announced three new products slated to launch this spring: the flagship NEXT circumaural headphone, IE Sports bluetooth in-ears and BT Speakers portable bluetooth speaker.

(Photos courtesy of cleer-cn.com)​

The NEXT is Cleer's newest high-performance open-back circumaural headphone. The enclosure houses a 40mm, high-sensitivity ironless magnesium driver which, according to Cleer, can reproduce a full frequency response up to 40kHz. It features an articulated design and soft leather on the headband and pads. It comes with a 3.5mm low-oxygen 4-conductor balanced audio cable, a 1/4" adaptor and a carrying pouch. Estimated price is $699 USD when it ships later this year.

Cleer is entering the wireless in-ear segment with their new IE Sports Bluetooth headphones. These headphones utilize Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity to get around 5 hours of battery life and sport a sweat-resistant design, but the party piece is the built-in pulse monitoring for active listeners. No pricing estimates are currently available.

The third piece Cleer is unveiling this week is their new BT Speaker, a portable bluetooth speaker. This IP65 dust and water resistant portable can go around 8 hours on a single charge thanks to the integrated lithium ion battery and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. Dual radiators provide an enhanced bass response in a compact package. There's a built-in microphone that can be used to take calls and for voice control with compatible wireless devices. No pricing estimates are currently available.

For more details be sure to check out the official press release here.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 22
Never heard of cleer before, the headphones remind me of the blue mofis if they were open backed. The wireless iem seems interesting, finally we are seeing tons of wireless iems for good competition 

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 22
the NEXT gives me strong HD800/DT150 vibes but as alot on here have said it looks alot better than either of them.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 22
Why does the NEXT remind me of the Blue Lola?

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #10 of 22
  blue was the first thing that popped in my head. The color scheme is very similar and distinct to what blue used 

Me, too!  It looks like a more aerodynamic, less clunky Blue headphone with open back.  Probably weighs about 10 pounds less, too.  If it sounds as good, though, I'd be very interested.  Sounds like its easy to power.  I wonder if its being touted as mobile and comes with a remote and mic...?

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #11 of 22
  Me, too!  It looks like a more aerodynamic, less clunky Blue headphone with open back.  Probably weighs about 10 pounds less, too.  If it sounds as good, though, I'd be very interested.  Sounds like its easy to power.  I wonder if its being touted as mobile and comes with a remote and mic...?

Ah 10 pounds less, yes haha. Hopefully it is much lighter than a blue headphone ever was. I doubt an open back would have a mic though, only the portable speaker has a mic from the looks of it

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 22
You're probably right.  I wonder if its a replaceable cable.  

Open backs with mic's are actually better, I think, since I can hear myself while I talk!  The only problem then is that the sound is much better through an AMP!  Its far from a deal breaker, but, just wanting more info..... guess that means I'm interested, eh?!  It also means I have a serious headphone addiction.  

Knowing it and doing something about it are two completely different things.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #13 of 22
  You're probably right.  I wonder if its a replaceable cable.  

Open backs with mic's are actually better, I think, since I can hear myself while I talk!  The only problem then is that the sound is much better through an AMP!  Its far from a deal breaker, but, just wanting more info..... guess that means I'm interested, eh?!  It also means I have a serious headphone addiction.  

Knowing it and doing something about it are two completely different things.

Yep, it's a replaceable cable. Uses a LEMO (HD800) connector for each cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back