Closed back recommendations
Aug 15, 2023 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

malkie23

New Head-Fier
Found myself in a self manufactured conundrum.
I was looking for headphones that may be sympathetic to my tinnitus.
A fine gentleman on here made available to me a pair of Thieaudio Ghosts. Thanks @Dazzert318.
Plugged them in, turned on the DAP, then the Mrs, who was sat next to me says " I hate Black Sabbath".
"Can you hear it" says I ? "Yep, plain as anything "says she and "its annoying I'm trying to watch Corrie".

Ooops , school boy error ! To get to the point, I need recommendations for closed back headphones,
budget £350-£700 new or used.
Music taste is classic heavy rock through to Steve Wilson and Chris Whitley.

The Ghosts won't be wasted, they will become my upstairs office headphones

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I'd recommend the AKG K371Pro (wired, the bluetooth version isn't as good, it's tuned for battery life) but even more a pair of IEM's. The tech is so good now, and you get noise isolation without the amping requirements. I use the Simgot EA500 with Dunu S&S tips and wouldn't ever go back to closed back headphones for a daily driver. If you're using a DAP, and it's got a balanced out, then you'll have more options with a closed back that has removable cables. The Focals have a treble rolloff that's pleasant for anyone sensitive to it. With IEM's the sky is wide open for options, and much less expensive. With foam tips the noise isolation is even better for higher volume listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back