Closed bass headphones
Mar 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MadPawel

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for closed back bass headphones for around 100$ not more then 120$. I'm thinking of getting audio technica ws55 but I'm not sure if they are the best I can find for that price. I would like some suggestions. I forgot to add those are going to be my first real headphones.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 7
There are many headphones that fit in the price range, jvc's xx line has big loud bass and the price isn't to bad. I own a older model of the carbon nanotube bass headphones and while i don't like the fit they sound fine.

ha-s44x is one of there newest in the series which i haven't listened to so cant say if they still sound good.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 7
I dont really like jvc. I was thinking of audio techcnica ws55, denon dnhp 1000, pioneer hdj 1500 and sony xb 500 or 700. I like the pioneer best of these but the price is out of my range a bit.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 7
I JUST bought the Audio technica ws55...honestly the bass is pretty good..but not "thumping' (though I am still breaking them in) I dont think the bass alone in them is worth 100 bucks...but the highs and just all around sound is. Id say get the Q40's...I heard these make your skull rattle cause the bass is so deep.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B000XT8JTM

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 7
I would skip sony as a whole. Good build quality but shiit sound in the low budget. How can you not like jvc though? If you are on a budget jvc will fit the bill and the xx series while not the greatest headphones overall, they do have some of the biggest bass you will find.

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 7
BH Photo has the M-audio Q40 for USD 90 at the moment. These are really good phones with solid bass and a very nice overall sound as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back