Closed headphones for competitive fps gamer $450 and rock music
May 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Squrre

New Head-Fier
Hi i am seeking a pair of closed headphones for competative gaming. fps games.

Preferences:

Good isolation, gonna use them on lan events.

Good soundstage, i know its better on open then on closed but i want as good i can get. Really need to hear footsteps and details.

Comfort, so i can use them for like 5 hours straight 

Music type: Mostly rock 

A while back i got recommend the Ultrasone Pro 900 but the comfort was not good for me.

After that i have been looking around in forums and a couple of headphones that alot recommended was 

[size=12pt]Beyer DT770 PRO, [/size][size=12pt]AudioTechnica A900X, [/size][size=12pt]AKG K 550, [/size][size=12pt]Shure SRH940 and [/size]Audio Technica ATH-M50

Do you reommend and have any opinions of these above or do you have any other in mind.

I am really new to this so appreciate all help i can get 

May 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 5
May 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 5
hi 

I have looked in that thread before but its not many closed headphones there. I am using headset right now for gaming but they are open thats why i am looking for a closed headphones or headset  doesn't matter. but thanks anyway. i looked in the thread again and i find 2 headphones  in that list that is closed it was Beyerdynamic DT770 and MrSpeakers Mad Dog.

May 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 5
MMX 300 in 600Ohm versíon on Creatives big card with the headphone amp built in and EQ set to -5dB in the bass department. If you don't need the gaymers 5.1 emulation stuff, go for the asus sonar essence ST/STX

Done.

It does sound better than the standard 770 32 Ohm. More detail, better control. The PRO 770 clamps too tight and thumps more than all other 770s. I think for 5 hours you will get a headache with those. They are actually more a drummer headphone.

May 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 5
ok thanks i will check them out :) i do however have have asus phoebus as soundcard and it can handle 600ohm so probably use it. where can i find the 600ohm , i can only find it on there website ? is there any other place to buy it from ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back