Closed headphones for on a plane?
Feb 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 9
I have used and enjoyed the AKG K550 on a long distance plane. Very good isolation and comfort. But i guess they are quite big in size :frowning2:

IEMs are also great since they offer good isolation and block the ears from varying air pressure. However they are too sensitive for in flight entertainment sockets.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
how about momentum?

Awful isolation for planes. :frowning2: Just tried this weekend.

Quote:
Bose QC15...
redface.gif

This!
L3000.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 9
I would look for sealed (not the same as closed) headphones or IEMs.

I don't like active noise cancellation at all. It basically cancels out noise by creating an equally loud noise that is the inverse of it.

I really like my MDR-7520s (so much that I bought a second pair) so I would recommend them or possibly the MDR-1R. I haven't worn them on a plane but isolation is very good. I find they isolate at least as well as the AKG K550, and are more comfortable to wear.

The B&W P5s isolate surprisingly well for on-ear headphones, so you might like them. I found they were painful to wear for long periods of time though, especially if you have glasses. (I can't wear most on-ear headphones with glasses)

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Bose QC15. comfortable, light, block out airplane noise/kids/other people next to you, and people won't ask you what you are wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back