Compare Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear with Beyerdynamic DT 1350
Mar 8, 2014 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hamdib

New Head-Fier
Could please compare to headphones Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear with Beyerdynamic DT1350 ? 

Sound Quality: ?
Character: ?
Built: ?
Comfort: ?
Portability: ?

Thanks

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Personally I like the momentums a lot more than the beyers.

Sound Quality: Going off a bit of memory here as I no longer own either, but the Beyers had a pretty decent V to their sound sig while the sens are a bit more neutral/ mid prominant. They also ran a little hot in the treble on certain tracks with some occasional sibilance, whereas the momentum seemed a bit warmer and forgiving. The DT1350 does probably have a bit more clarity and extension in the highs though. As I said mids somewhat recessed on the beyer and a little more analytical, the senns being a bit more forward and warm/engaging (reminded me a bit of the HD600 or Hd650). Bass of the DT1350 were a little more weighty and better extension than the momentums.
Build: DT1350 feels like a very well made phone in the hands with a great little case that it fits into. Really built like a tank. Momentums come off a little cheaper feeling, mostly because they don't have that solid metal/hefty feel. I'm sure they hold up fine over the long haul though.
Comfort: DT1350- not very comfortable for me, pads sit a little more centrally on the ear which can cause some discomfort. For me it was hard to go over an hour before they became noticeable. Momentum- fairly comfortable and if I remember correct a bit lighter overall.
Portability: I'd say beyer. Comes with a very sweet little case that is very convenient to pack around, they also sit around the neck a bit more comfortably. Momentum case is a little more bulky, but probably a lighter package overall if I remember right.

Like I said though this is all going off memory.

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #3 of 3
The Beyers have a significantly larger sound stage. Which means you get crisper highs and more distinct lows. The Momentum's however, have a much lower impendance, coming in at 18 OHM's compared to the Beyer's 80 OHM's. That mean's that they are a lot easier to drive. Meaning you will be able to use them with a mp3 player or phone without the use of an amp. The Senn's have a 4.5 ft cable and the DT1350's have a 5ft cable. The Senn's have a detachable cable whereas the Beyers do not. The Senn's definitely have a better build quality, with the entire head band being metal. They also just feel more solid. Alcantra pads. They also come with a sleek headphone pouch. 

So to round it all up.

Sound quality:
S - 4
B - 5

Build quality:
S - 5
B - 3

Comfort:
S - 5
B - 3

Portability:
S - 5
B - 3

I'd tell you to go ahead and get the momentum's. They are better for the average listener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back