Compilation of portable amps
Jan 28, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #16 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipinder
THere is also the AOS Flute ($400) and Piccolo ($270), http://aoselectronics.com/

Hmm -- the Piccolo is not an amp, it's only a DAC, but you're right, it still deserves to be here.

That reminds me: the list should also have the HeadRoom Coda Amp and the Overture Portable DAC at $299 each, although they're extremely limited editions and unlikely to be available for very long.

For that matter, if you're listing the Headsave amps, then you might also want to add the Xin Technologies SuperDual ($160), which is also no longer available new. (No website, since www.xintechs.com now points to fixup.net, which never had any info on the SuperDual.)

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #19 of 169
Quote:

THere is also the AOS Flute ($400) and Piccolo ($270), http://aoselectronics.com/

You should add amps that you can buy from diyers on the board.

Edit: Oh, and you can get the Pimeta cheaper than $150, you can get one for ~130 from JMT.

Added the flute and piccolo.

According to JMT's website, the starting price of the Pimeta is $150.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 169
Quote:

You should add amps that you can buy from diyers on the board.

Can someone tell me which DIY amps to add?

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #21 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Hmm -- the Piccolo is not an amp, it's only a DAC, but you're right, it still deserves to be here.

That reminds me: the list should also have the HeadRoom Coda Amp and the Overture Portable DAC at $299 each, although they're extremely limited editions and unlikely to be available for very long.

For that matter, if you're listing the Headsave amps, then you might also want to add the Xin Technologies SuperDual ($160), which is also no longer available new. (No website, since www.xintechs.com now points to fixup.net, which never had any info on the SuperDual.)

Added. Thanks.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghart999

actually you already have the two big ones on the board that are portable - the Mint and the Pimeta. JMT is a source. Hmm, for Cmoys you have that covered under that list too. I think you're set.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #23 of 169
hmm the A1 Simpl headphone amp has been getting some press, that should go there too.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #25 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
the simpl is also a portable amp. although it is made to use with an ipod only I think it should be posted.

Added.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #26 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
www.electric-avenues.com PocketAmp2-version2 60.00 with wal-wart. The amp uses 2 AA batt or 2 AA rechargeable batt.

I haven't heard this one, but as LTUCCI noted on page 1, PocketAmp2-version2 from electric-avenues should be on the list.

Has anyone heard this amp? (...seems like quite a bargain... but the sound???)

Jan 28, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #27 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
I haven't heard this one, but as LTUCCI noted on page 1, PocketAmp2-version2 from electric-avenues should be on the list.

Has anyone heard this amp? (...seems like quite a bargain... but the sound???)

Added. It's so cute looking.

Jan 28, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghart999

See my post above
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

You should include the amps that you can buy from a diyer on Head-fi (such as MisterX, JMT (http://www.jmtaudio.com), and Zemo) (http://www.z-audio.com/). These could include, a cmoy, mint, Pimeta, meta42, z-moy, etc.
The Cmoy usually varies from $20 - 70.
The z-moy starts at $45
I'm not to sure abouy the mint, but I guess from $80 - 110
I have no idea what a meta42 is priced.
The Pimeta can vary from $110 - 160 (or possibly even more)

Oh and you could include the A47, but you don't see a lot of these being sold, so I have no idea what the price would be.

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #30 of 169
I just discovered that AOS PACE is "portable" it runs on batteries.

Oh, and you should include the PPA, it can run on batteries too, I forgot about that. I'm not too sure on pricing. I'm guessing $350 ~ 380 +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back