Computer Headphone Out, anyone?
May 9, 2021 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
I have an X570 AORUS ELITE motherboard, and I have to admit, the headphone out sounds pretty good with headphones, and line-out pretty good with my amp and speakers. After a brief test using TH-900 and comparing to a Bifrost Multibit/Bottlehead Mainline, I'm hard pressed to tell the difference. Certainly not with low volume background music.

Anyone else have a higher end MB and are using the built in headphone out? Anyone done any serious comparisons between a good MB headphone out and decent Head-Fi type external equipment? Maybe even measurements? I always head about how much better external DACs and Amps are, but I'm starting to wonder if the MB manufacturers have caught up enough.

May 9, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Yes they can be pretty good. I have the B550 AORUS PRO and can hardly tell a difference to my RME ADI DAC 2 or HUGO 2. Of course people will tell you different here, but I am pretty confident as I did a lot of A/B testing with hi-res music and I have a pretty good hearing. The only issue I faced with my MB was hiss on my loudspeaker setup. A good DAC helped there definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back