Confirmed sleuth's suspicions of a ripped-off/plagiarized track being sold on beatport!! Andy Blueman confirms
Mar 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hyogen

500+ Head-Fier
Some of you have heard Andy Blueman's music.  If you haven't, I highly recommend it and you might quickly become a fan and hear his tremendous talent.  He's considered the King of uplifting trance who unfortunately left the genre to pursue movie scores--part of the reason being not being able to make a living from his work even though he was wildly popular/won awards.  Look up his music if you're all interested (some links in my sig too :)). 

I randomly downloaded a track from a blogspot site yesterday and was listening to it.  I thought it was quite good, but then realized that it was almost identical to a song I had enjoyed many times over.  I had to second-guess myself since it was late last night....

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out from my mp3 collection that it was almost identical to the song Nyctalopia by Andy Blueman.  I know it that sometimes (rarely) 2 people come up with the same melody independently. afterall, no melody is probably truly original...but these are both 2 uplifting trance tracks...  I can somewhat understand if you honestly weren't aware that you had heard a melody before even....

www.beatport.com/track/come-with-me-promatx-remix/3167270 oblaid & albert van leizer - come with me (promatx remix)

the original Andy Blueman's Nyctalopia.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R87mSXeh8wc
the same melody, build/breakdown, beat....... there is like one note change.  

so I messaged Andy Blueman on his facebook and youtube page and he confirmed it's a rip-off.  What's more is it was a guy Andy had helped in the past via msn chat when asked questions....  The label responded and stated they would take the appropriate action and apologized.  It's funny that the copy has its own remix!!  

Does it make me look bad to be the whistleblower here?  -_-  I'm guessing you guys would have done the same for an artist whose music you love and appreciate :)

I want to share a very short track that he never finished, that I've heard is going to be a non-trance, orchestral track...hopefully he'll make a trance remix also.  Looking forward especially to this one........    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5yj7cdctc  Might hook those of you who aren't into electronic music whatsoever.  

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 2
after a day of lots of talk and enfuriated fans, Mr. Blueman takes the high road:  "Andy Blueman I won't sue anyone, I don't want any revenge or anything similar. I don't want any royalties and didn't ask to delete the release from the stores. I accepted Alberts apologize. Please people don't point the finger on the label, there are so many songs in the trance scene, maybe they never heard Nyctalopia before. We already contacted each other and everything is fine." 

I think Albert was unaware that Oblaid copied the track. 

Annnyway, I feel a bit bad for all the drama I sort of created--and I gotta respect Blueman's position on the whole thing.  Really in line with the type of music he is known for.  He's into movie scores now and people are calling him the next Hans Zimmer....  pretty big shoes to fill, but I could maybe see it happening........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back