CONFUSED! W-T-H happened to this brand-new Fiio A3 amp ????
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

alphaman

Formerly known as headfone

First, please watch this video (Feb 10, 2017):​

Modding and Repairing My Fiio A3 Headphone Amplifier​

I usually use a set of 'test songs' when I get new audio gear, but this time I didn't. That's why I didn't notice the stereo was off since what I'm listening to now doesn't have much in the way of directional sound
W-T-F????????????????

I am considering purchasing this Fiio A3. But if the quality control -- brand new, out of the box -- is poor, them please comment accordingly.
Have any of you experienced anything like this with any product?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 12

W-T-F????????????????

I am considering purchasing this Fiio A3. But if the quality control -- brand new, out of the box -- is poor, them please comment accordingly.
Thanks!!

It's one single experience - are you just looking for things to be outraged about? My Fiio A3 has been working fine for the last 3 years but again, that's a single experience so not very relevant.

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 12

W-T-F????????????????

Thanks!!

W-T-F is right !!

One case about a problem with one specific example of one specific product at the very bottom end of their range from 5 years ago, in fact closer the 6 years.

I am a rather fussy person, some would say a bit OCD but some of the nonsensical posts I read here make me feel positively casual, care free and well adjusted.

W-T-F indeed !!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 12
W-T-F is right !!

One case about a problem with one specific example of one specific product at the very bottom end of their range from 5 years ago, in fact closer the 6 years.

I am a rather fussy person, some would say a bit OCD but some of the nonsensical posts I read here make me feel positively casual, care free and well adjusted,

W-T-F indeed !!
Lollllll !!! 🤣 Wish I could 10x like this comment!!
Got me laughing out loud… Oh, man that second paragraph…yep, ditto! We’re good!!😎

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 12
Buy one and find out.
Then if you're unlucky and score a lemon, you can come back here and devastate this thread with righteous fury.
Salt the earth of their dismissive convictions with the reality of your degradation.
Make them feel every inch of the humiliation they've inflicted upon you.

Legit. You may receive a faulty product. It's a risk you have to take.

Dec 2, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 12
W-T-F is right !!

I am a rather fussy person, some would say a bit OCD but some of the nonsensical posts I read here make me feel positively casual, care free and well adjusted,

W-T-F indeed !!
Yes, I would agree that MOST forum posts —any forum , including Reddit—are generated by folks bored to tears with way too much time on their hand.
But not me because I am genetically superior. Over 12 years here at the Fi, and still a mere 500er.
About that “confused” video. Well, if the vlogger needed AdSense dollars, why not make a w-t-f video?
Speaking of w-t-f, glad YOU mentioned that phrase , BS5711. Because your handle is equally ridiculous. Why TF would anyone publicly admit they made 5711 BS forum posts (before you were banned, we presume)???!!!
Oh gawwwwd, pass the TP… messy brown this time. Ugggggh!!!!

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #8 of 12
Yes, I would agree that MOST forum posts —any forum , including Reddit—are generated by folks bored to tears with way too much time on their hand.
But not me because I am genetically superior. Over 12 years here at the Fi, and still a mere 500er.
About that “confused” video. Well, if the vlogger needed AdSense dollars, why not make a w-t-f video?
Speaking of w-t-f, glad YOU mentioned that phrase , BS5711. Because your handle is equally ridiculous. Why TF would anyone publicly admit they made 5711 BS forum posts (before you were banned, we presume)???!!!
Oh gawwwwd, pass the TP… messy brown this time. Ugggggh!!!!

An attempt at humour at least, but a rather feeble one.

Surely you’ve got something better than a wisecrack at what are simply my actual initials. The last time I heard that one was when I was a schoolboy 45 years ago.

And nobody mentioned bored people with to much time on their hands. What I was talking about was quite the opposite of bored. That is small minded people so caught up in this hobby that they post about all manner of trivial nonsense like it is critical stuff that is impacting their very existence and others ought to know about it.

Like your post, no sorry not just a post in a thread in response to discussion about something, you started an entire new thread to vent about a 6 year old video showing one defective example of a cheap budget product, a video that clearly nobody gives a crap about.

Like I said above, at least people like that make me feel well adjusted despite my leanings toward OCD and for that at least I thank you and them.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 12
An attempt at humour at least, but a rather feeble one.

Surely you’ve got something better than a wisecrack at what are simply my actual initials. The last time I heard that one was when I was a schoolboy 45 years ago.

And nobody mentioned bored people with to much time on their hands. What I was talking about was quite the opposite of bored. That is small minded people so caught up in this hobby that they post about all manner of trivial nonsense like it is critical stuff that is impacting their very existence and others ought to know about it.

Like your post, no sorry not just a post in a thread in response to discussion about something, you started an entire new thread to vent about a 6 year old video showing one defective example of a cheap budget product, a video that clearly nobody gives a crap about.

Like I said above, at least people like that make me feel well adjusted despite my leanings toward OCD and for that at least I thank you and them.
Your reply is fulla ad hominem diatribes, toots.
"... my kind of scum: fearless and inventive." (Jabba The Hutt, ROJ, 1983)
https://www.starwars.com/video/my-kind-of-scum

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 12
I would point out too that every vendor regardless of price point has occasionally made a dud. I concern myself much more with how they handle it when a customer calls that dud to their attention and Fiio has an excellent track record of releasing firmware updates to fix bugs and replacing products when hardware issues have been brought to their attention. if your expectation is that companies never make a mistake, you're going to have an empty lot without a house or any furnishings so you might want to rethink your tolerance levels and what is truly important.

Dec 2, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 12
I would point out too that every vendor regardless of price point has occasionally made a dud. I concern myself much more with how they handle it when a customer calls that dud to their attention and Fiio has an excellent track record of releasing firmware updates to fix bugs and replacing products when hardware issues have been brought to their attention. if your expectation is that companies never make a mistake, you're going to have an empty lot without a house or any furnishings so you might want to rethink your tolerance levels and what is truly important.
Yes, ubiquitous AF!. Years ago Schiit had that weird issue with the Asgard pumpin' out DC. Somewhere, there is a video about it.
Also, my own/others experience with the Teclast T51 , Nationite S-Flo 2 DAPs from 2010 (very long threads here on HF about those) -- run batches were fulla duds.
Etc., etc!
And since most folks who buy products don't post on forums if they are broken (out of the box) or break down very shortly afterwards (like fast fashion) ... duds iz everywherez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back