Considering selling my AKG K1000
Jan 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ThaDacta

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I am new to posting on the forum but have been an avid reader.
L3000.gif

I have a pair of AKG K1000's in the original box(and the original wood box within) with owners manual and all the supplied acc. I have only used them a hand full of times and can't decide if I should sell or keep them. Is there a high demand for these out there? I bought them at a dealer show many years ago and they just sat in storage for years. Just this month I cleaned out the storage unit and found them again. I have listened to them a couple of times over the last few weeks and love them.

Thoughts?

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Unless you desperately need money, don't sell them. There is a high demand. They go for up to $1800 on the FS forums (at least that's the highest I heard of. Not sure of condition or even if it's brand new in box). But it's just such a rare gem to be in possession of. Even though I've never heard it, I kind of want to get my hands on one just because of their reputation. Keep them. Pass them onto your grandchildren :D

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 7
They give you a really unique experience that can't be replicated by any other headphones, though in terms of technical prowess, IMO they are bettered by modern flagships. Still, I'd keep it just because it's the closest you'll get to speaker experience.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 7
If they've been in storage for years, and you haven't really missed them, why would you even consider keeping them? Sell them, make some decent money, and make someone else very happy. Besides, your grand kids won't appreciate what they are. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back