Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #65 of 5,310
By limiting options, production is simplified and the price is cheaper. If they had more options, like the custom plates, production would be a bit more complicated and thus, more expensive.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #66 of 5,310
There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...

They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..

heir do universals (4ai and 3ai). so do UM (if you ask). not everybody likes customs and if the product is good and enough people ask. - why not. (all they need is med sized semi deep insertion mold that takes compy or silicon tips. could be same price)

re impressions: aww no hybrid ones :/

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #68 of 5,310
Pricing looks really interesting..also the fact that they have a dynamic driver custom...interested in the dual BA hybrid

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #69 of 5,310
Very interested, would love to hear impressions of the twin ba flex.

Also pictures of the recessed vs non-recessed plugs and finally the white premium cable (can only find pics of the apple and black ones)

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #70 of 5,310
How do the medium and full size differ actually? I can't get any pics about their comparison so I thought you might know about this. If the single BA is as good as ER4s / F111 (or at least close) I am getting one :D

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #71 of 5,310
Full shells are traditional shell size, completely fills the ear. Medium do not fill the top part of the ear which makes them easier to take in and out with negligible loss of isolation. Micro just fill the ear canal. (This is what i got when i ask Phil about it)

As for the photo, u can see it also here for comparison of medium and micro shell size here.

Hope it helps to answer your queries.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #74 of 5,310
Well yes. But the "face plate" is the part that is visible when you have them in your ears. Many companies offer customisation of these such as custom artwork, glitter, carbon fiber or even wood. This company does not. 
redface.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #75 of 5,310
Quote:
Well yes. But the "face plate" is the part that is visible when you have them in your ears. Many companies offer customisation of these such as custom artwork, glitter, carbon fibre or even wood. This company does not. 
redface.gif

Duhhh, I wasn't associating that "custom plates" with "face plates"! My bad... That I know what it is! Thanks for clearing that, Staal
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back