Couple of questions before taking the plunge
Oct 16, 2009 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
So before i take the plung on the ath-m50, I was reading this post http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ath...sponse-447081/ and did some more research. Since ill be listening to stuff like robert miles, paul oakenfold, armin van buuren, tiesto, atb, etc.. Will these headphones produce this music i am listening to differently than what i am used to since they are meant to be prosumer cans? What i mean is that I read stuff from different sites that these headphones are for music "exactly how its made when in the studio" with no added "color" (special sound signature) that alot of headphones have to add more bass, trebel, etc. But on top of that, I have a zune, so wouldn't EQing produce more added coloring to them? I don't have an amp so will my zune push them decently for a couple months until I gather the funds to amp them? On that post, is the OP right about amping is used to increase the output of the signal without any bias towards the frequencies? If the m50 isnt pushed that well with the zune, whats another good closed can that can be pushed well?

Oct 17, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 7
I haven't heard the m50, but I can tell you that the Equation RP21 will have none of the flaws that were mentioned in that thread on the m50. If anything it's a bit too smooth...with great bass...for my taste...but definitely good bang for buck for a closed hp that plays well out of a portable. Do a forum search if you're interested. It does fine out of my Sansa clip.

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 7
Not compared to the k240DF. I get way more treble with those. If you want better highs maybe consider the k271...but you'll get less low end, FWIR. There's always a compromise with hps in this price range...and even well above.

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lejaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's always a compromise with hps in this price range...and even well above.

Really, have you tried the DT 150?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back