Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #3,046 of 3,200
For 64Gb card you have to "manage" it outside of the J3, in a card reader, but after that you can read it and us it without problem in the J3.

Never write on the 64Gb when inside the J3, you will corrupt it, there are no supported a 100%, at less with my San Disk,  I know is strange because the T51 (S:flo2) supported it at 100% :)

About the shuffle mode I agree with you, with the S:flo2 you finally listen always the same songs ^^

The J3 is a nice sounding device when you start using BBE and equalizer, in opposition to the S:flo2 where you enjoy it without effects.

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #3,048 of 3,200
You cannot write on it when inserted in the J3 connected to your PC trough USB, if you have already more than 32 Gigas used.

But when you copy your songs using a card reader no problem at all and you can use it in your J3 to play/read with more than 32 Gigas on it.

No link this just append to me and I corrupted it, with the T51 no problem. You can try and confirm, you just have to reformat the card ...

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,049 of 3,200
I found a link :)

Also, don't forget that you CANNOT FORMAT OR WRITE to that 64GB card while it's inserted in the J3. You absolutely MUST use an external USB card reader to do both FORMAT the 64GB card to FAT32 (e.g. using GuiFormat) and also to do the WRITE (from your PC music collection to the 64GB card).

Source : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66489&page=3

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #3,050 of 3,200
Hey guys, I've got a J3 issue here that occurs every now and then but I can't seem to fix it. Sometimes my J3 will act like it is charging even though it is not. The battery meter at the top is replaced by an AC plug symbol and the buttons are extremely unresponsive. If I plug it into my laptop via USB, then disconnect it, the USB symbol continues to swirl around the J3's screen and the device cannot be used unless reset by poking the little button on the back. This is very annoying and I'm sure resetting the device a lot cannot be good for it.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please help! Thanks!

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #3,051 of 3,200
Oh wow, people are really willing to pay over 500$ for a J3?!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cowon-J3-MP3-Player-32-GB-OLED-Zubehorpaket-16-GB-SDHC-Leder-Hulle-WIE-NEU-/160955248374?pt=DE_MP3_Players&hash=item2579ae2ef6

I bought mine one year ago for 250€.
Selling it would almost give me enough money for the new Astell&Kern pmp :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3,052 of 3,200
even 250 euro is too much , i paid 110 euro for a used  16GB J3...

now we wait until both of the J3 i have break down - then we shall seek a new DAP

Quote:
Oh wow, people are really willing to pay over 500$ for a J3?!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cowon-J3-MP3-Player-32-GB-OLED-Zubehorpaket-16-GB-SDHC-Leder-Hulle-WIE-NEU-/160955248374?pt=DE_MP3_Players&hash=item2579ae2ef6

I bought mine one year ago for 250€.
Selling it would almost give me enough money for the new Astell&Kern pmp :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #3,053 of 3,200
Quote:

125 dollars. 32gb.

Thank  you Head-fi...

gs1000.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #3,056 of 3,200
Quote:
Congrats man! Now, time to put kizune's work (if you still haven't).

I'm not sure if I have the stock UI on mine - can you add one of his without having to re-tag album info, pictures and such? And is it easy (and really worth it)?

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #3,057 of 3,200
I have a question about the cowon players - do they all sound the same?
Is it just the interface/software that increases the price in the players, or are there night and day differences between some of the players?

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #3,058 of 3,200
They pretty much sound the same. The newer versions have more EQ pre-settings, but besides that the sound doesn't change. They only differ in stuff like design, ui, storage capacity and so on. Possible that very old devices sound a bit different but I'm really not sure.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,059 of 3,200
Quote:
Congrats man! Now, time to put kizune's work (if you still haven't).

Haven't messed with custom interfaces at all. Can you recommend one that focus mostly on ease of navigation?  I'm not so interested in album art and all that and in fact, I quite like the default J3 interface but if it's easy to switch back and forth, then I'd totally like to try one of the Kizune ones ... just don't know which one ..

Thanks for any tips.
.joel

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3,060 of 3,200
Quote:

Haven't messed with custom interfaces at all. Can you recommend one that focus mostly on ease of navigation?  I'm not so interested in album art and all that and in fact, I quite like the default J3 interface but if it's easy to switch back and forth, then I'd totally like to try one of the Kizune ones ... just don't know which one ..

Thanks for any tips.
.joel

It's easy to switch back and forth as you have 3 different mainmenus, you only have to sacrifice one mainmenu for Kizune's.
Haven't tried many but ended up with Cheeta + Penguin v0.3 Alpha, it's not the latest but I don't have problems with it so I haven't bother trying the new ones. You'll have some extra featues too like locking the screen or sleep timer. I use the sleep timer alot it's very handy. Try it, might be worth it for you too. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66583

Quote:
I'm not sure if I have the stock UI on mine - can you add one of his without having to re-tag album info, pictures and such? And is it easy (and really worth it)?

It's really worth it IMHO, it's still very fast like the speed of stock UI but you get a very classy, stylish, but still minimal/neat UI. You don't have to re-tag your music files or album art. For album art, you just have to have the album art picture named "cover.jpg" in the same folder where the music files of the album is. I prefer the separate picture file (cover.jpg) way than tagging all music files with their respective album picture. It's definitely more neat to do. I use his Cheeta as Mainmenu, Penguin as music player (Included with the Cheeta Package), and Leaf as file browser (because cheeta still has the stock file browser).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back