Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Jun 8, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #497 of 1,024
Did you ever heard QP1R and can make some comparisions to it?

Have zero experience with qp1r, but there is a chance i might get my hands on qp2r.

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #499 of 1,024
DX200 too flat.

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #502 of 1,024
You could also look at the AK KANN or Opus #2/3 :thinking:
I also like the LPG, but it seems that one's hard to get (retail) these days

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #505 of 1,024
So, Cowon not as good as opus?

There are two Plenue 2 reviews on Head-fi, maybe it can answer your question? https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/cowon-plenue-2.22395/reviews

Good or bad, it will be relative to your requirements, do you want streaming and/or loading apps, do you need bluetooth wireless, how much output power you need, what ports are you looking for, what sound signature do you prefer, how it pairs up with your headphones/iems/etc.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #506 of 1,024
I read this reviews, but all reviews are very pathetic, but not always truth.
I need good real sound, closest to original, not flat, not very colored. Now I used l&p l3. It lacks of power and little bit bright for me. I have tube amp setup with turntable. I preffer "vinyl" signature.
My main iem is Dqsm d2 hybrid.
Streaming, wireless etc not necessary.
One note. I have $900 offer for p2.

TWISTER, which dap you preffer?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #507 of 1,024
I read this reviews, but all reviews are very pathetic, but not always truth.
I need good real sound, closest to original, not flat, not very colored. Now I used l&p l3. It lacks of power and little bit bright for me. I have tube amp setup with turntable. I preffer "vinyl" signature.
My main iem is Dqsm d2 hybrid.
Streaming, wireless etc not necessary.
One note. I have $900 offer for p2.

TWISTER, which dap you preffer?

You insult my review work by calling it "pathetic" and then ask me for advice?

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #508 of 1,024
Sorry man. Never want offend everyone here.

I mean review based on first or second impression, but later may come different feelings and thoughts.
Very interesting your advice.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #509 of 1,024
Sorry man. Never want offend everyone here.

I mean review based on first or second impression, but later may come different feelings and thoughts.
Very interesting your advice.

I figured, that post you made didn't translate well :wink:

Based on what you described, neither P2 nor DX200 will suit your sound preference. You are looking for a warmer, fuller body sound, with that "vinyl" coloring. DX200 is not it, even so AMP2 and probably upcoming AMP3/AMP4 amp modules will add some body to the baseline sound of DX200. Also, I didn't hear original Plenue, only Plenue 2, and P2 is more neutral/reference tuned to my ears while the original Plenue (based on what I heard about it) probably will fit your sound description better. So, maybe look into P1, I'm sure you can get a good deal on it now. Another one to consider is Opus#2, but it's more expensive, and might not be warm enough for you. Have you tried Mojo? Didn't hear that one either, but people refer to it as having a thicker fuller body resolving sound, and you can use it with your smartphone as a transport. Also, keep in mind, maybe to get to your target sound you might end up with a DAP and external portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back