Creative Aurvana Trio
Mar 19, 2018 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

earfonia

Headphoneus Supremus
There seems no thread for Aurvana Trio yet, so I started one here.

My review for Aurvana Trio:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/creative-aurvana-trio.23003/reviews#review-20066

I personally like it a lot. To be honest, this is the first IEM in Aurvana line that I really like. Didn't really like the other models, but this one is very good! Priced at around US$ 150, I think it is a bargain.

Recommended for those who like balanced tuning with accurate and rather strong bass.

01 P1390639.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 44
There seems no thread for Aurvana Trio yet, so I started one here.

My review for Aurvana Trio:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/creative-aurvana-trio.23003/reviews#review-20066

I personally like it a lot. To be honest, this is the first IEM in Aurvana line that I really like. Didn't other models, but this one is good! Priced at around US$ 150, I think it is a bargain.

Recommended for those who like balanced tuning with rather strong bass.

very nice, detailed and enjoyable review , the iem itself looks beautiful ,
i want to know the housings are made from only plastic or some mix of metal and plastic ,????

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 44
very nice, detailed and enjoyable review , the iem itself looks beautiful ,
i want to know the housings are made from only plastic or some mix of metal and plastic ,????

Thanks! The back plate with the Aurvana word is metal, but the silver cone, I'm not very sure if it is metal or plastic. Probably metal, but these days they can make plastic with metal like finish. So I'm not very sure. But it feels solid overall.

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 44
Well Creative wised up. I saw it at the original price and said it was just not priced right.

"Pricing and Availability
The Aurvana Trio will be available from mid-January 2018 on Creative.com at USD249.99."

...and it was for sale on the site for $249 when it first showed and I laughed. On the U.S. site it has been lowered to $149.99 now. I'm sure there was a $199.99 in between :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 44
I just visit their website and found the price is $199 not the $150 as you mention above , maybe they increased their prices , ,,,,

The link in my review is in Singapore dollar. Creative told me final pricing should be around US$ 150 or SG$ 199.

I guess they haven't updated their international page in US$ yet. Let's wait and see.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 44
They are selling in europe from the creative website for 150 euros.

Making them the direct competition to

- Fiio F9 pro
- RHA T20
- LZ A4
- Fiio IT01.
- Shure SE SE315
- Brainwavz B400

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 44
They are selling in europe from the creative website for 150 euros.

Making them the direct competition to

- Fiio F9 pro
- RHA T20
- LZ A4
- Fiio IT01.
- Shure SE SE315
- Brainwavz B400

Right. I've tried LZ A4 and iBasso IT01. Both are good IEMs, but they don't have the life-like dynamic of Trio. Tonality wise is up to individual preference as A4 is tuneable, but dynamic wise it is not on par with Trio. Both A4 and iBasso IT01. I'm curious to try Fiio F9, heard some good impressions about it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #9 of 44
Right. I've tried LZ A4 and iBasso IT01. Both are good IEMs, but they don't have the life-like dynamic of Trio. Tonality wise is up to individual preference as A4 is tuneable, but dynamic wise it is not on par with Trio. Both A4 and iBasso IT01. I'm curious to try Fiio F9, heard some good impressions about it.
I wish you try/audition the Brainwavz B400 and compare it with Trio because they have same tonality and price group so this comparison will be really interesting ,

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 44
I wish you try/audition the Brainwavz B400 and compare it with Trio because they have same tonality and price group so this comparison will be really interesting ,

Yes, my friend told me B400 sounds good. Hopefully can try it this week in CanJam Singapore.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 44
During last CanJam in Singapore, I had the opportunity to listen to Brainwavz B400, Fiio FH1, F9, and F9 Pro. I bought for myself Fiio FH1 and TFZ King Pro. Here is my impression of them in comparisons to Aurvana Trio.

Brainwavz B400
B400 is a very good IEM, balanced tuning with good clarity. I personally like the tuning, imho B400 is the best Brainwavz IEM so far. Perceived clarity is higher on B400 in comparison to Trio. Trio is slightly less bright. The main difference between the 2 is the bass. B400 has less bass and also moderately less sub-bass. Trio has more powerful bass and sub-bass. Bass lover will be much happier with Trio, while those who prefer leaner bass with more clarity will prefer B400. I personally like them both, but incline more to the Trio for the bass.

Fiio FH1, F9, and F9 Pro
The Fiios have more or less similar tuning. Basically they are mildly more V shape tuning than Trio. They have slightly more bass and treble with leaner midrange. They all have excellent dynamic similar to Trio, and the Fiio has wider illusion of sound stage. The Fiios sound more spacious. Between F9 and F9 Pro, I prefer F9 Pro for better quality treble. Between FH1 and F9 Pro, they have some differences, but I kinda like them equally, and at the end bought FH1 for better value.

The V shape level of Fiio FH1 is in between Trio and iBasso IT03. Bass and treble level in between those 2 IEMs. Vocal is clean and smooth on Fiio, but a bit lean. For vocal lovers, most probably Trio is the more preferable choice. For those who prefer more spacious imaging, the Fiios are the better option. All are really great IEMs.

Since now I own Trio, Fiio FH1, and TFZ King Pro, If I have to list the 3 from most preferred (no 1) to less preferred (no 3), based on my personal preference, this is my verdict:
1. Aurvana Trio
2. Fiio FH1
3. TFZ King Pro

I like them all, otherwise I won't spent my money on them, but generally Trio tuning is closer to my personal preference. I wish Trio has the spacious imaging of the FH1. Hopefully next model.

I will be experimenting with different cable on Trio. I tried different cable and i can hear the transparency improved a bit. I will share my impressions later.

20180326_192704.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 44
During last CanJam in Singapore, I had the opportunity to listen to Brainwavz B400, Fiio FH1, F9, and F9 Pro. I bought for myself Fiio FH1 and TFZ King Pro. Here is my impression of them in comparisons to Aurvana Trio.

Brainwavz B400
B400 is a very good IEM, balanced tuning with good clarity. I personally like the tuning, imho B400 is the best Brainwavz IEM so far. Perceived clarity is higher on B400 in comparison to Trio. Trio is slightly less bright. The main difference between the 2 is the bass. B400 has less bass and also moderately less sub-bass. Trio has more powerful bass and sub-bass. Bass lover will be much happier with Trio, while those who prefer leaner bass with more clarity will prefer B400. I personally like them both, but incline more to the Trio for the bass.

Fiio FH1, F9, and F9 Pro
The Fiios have more or less similar tuning. Basically they are mildly more V shape tuning than Trio. They have slightly more bass and treble with leaner midrange. They all have excellent dynamic similar to Trio, and the Fiio has wider illusion of sound stage. The Fiios sound more spacious. Between F9 and F9 Pro, I prefer F9 Pro for better quality treble. Between FH1 and F9 Pro, they have some differences, but I kinda like them equally, and at the end bought FH1 for better value.

The V shape level of Fiio FH1 is in between Trio and iBasso IT03. Bass and treble level in between those 2 IEMs. Vocal is clean and smooth on Fiio, but a bit lean. For vocal lovers, most probably Trio is the more preferable choice. For those who prefer more spacious imaging, the Fiios are the better option. All are really great IEMs.

Since now I own Trio, Fiio FH1, and TFZ King Pro, If I have to list the 3 from most preferred (no 1) to less preferred (no 3), based on my personal preference, this is my verdict:
1. Aurvana Trio
2. Fiio FH1
3. TFZ King Pro

I like them all, otherwise I won't spent my money on them, but generally Trio tuning is closer to my personal preference. I wish Trio has the spacious imaging of the FH1. Hopefully next model.

I will be experimenting with different cable on Trio. I tried different cable and i can hear the transparency improved a bit. I will share my impressions later.

Very nice and detailed impressions , have you tried a pure silver cable with Trio,???

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #15 of 44
Received them, listened to them a lot the past week. Some might call me crazy, but I think I prefer them over the Aeon Flow Closed. Now, the Aeon obviously has the bigger soundstage, more microdetail, more texture etc. etc. but the Creative Aurvana make it up by being relatively cheap for the performance they offer. There is no denying that I'm addicted to the bass and the smoothness they offer. There is no track at all which sounds even close to harsh to my ears and even though a lot of people will probably say that the treble is rolled off, they are just musical as heck. I consider giving away the AEONs, even though they are technically better.

Overall I'm just very satisfied with them. I don't know what really defines being "audiophile", but if its just enjoying music as much as possible, then these are a top contender in doing exactly this. I'm hooked!

Now, again, what I want to further add is that I'm producing music and these are not the best for mastering or mixing a track, the AEONs would probably do a better job, but for just plain listening to music they are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back